• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 is leaving Digital Stores

Forza Motorsport 6 for the Xbox One (the second best Forza Motorsport game, behind Forza 4 on the 360) is being de-listed digitally.

dWLFQdR.jpg

But will continue to be forever available physically (y)

bc3CAfz.jpg

If you already own the game and don't already own all of the DLC, the complete DLC Add-On Collection is currently discounted to $4.99 ($4.99, US, 95% off • 4 days left) and available from here: Discounted DLC

If you don't already own the game and prefer digital games, it's temporarily available for purchase digitally from Microsoft until September 15th: Forza Motorsport 6 .

But, if you have an interest in console racing simulations with fantastic single player campaigns, I'd recommend picking up a cheap physical copy now in combination with the discounted digital DLC. It's a brilliant game. I prefer it to F7. 460 cars, 26 tracks, 60fps. It's a good time. Highly recommended if racing sims are your jam:

IGN Video Review by Luke Reilly

ACG's Review

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
They have some excellent art direction and track designs, but I would hardly consider 6 to be the second best Forza game. 5, 6, and 7 are all weaker than the Horizon spinoff franchise and are worse than Forza 3 and 4. A decent enough racer and the 5 dollar DLC is a steal, but there are definitely better Forza games to grab and play.

They have some excellent art direction and track designs, but I would hardly consider 6 to be the second best Forza game. 5, 6, and 7 are all weaker than the Horizon spinoff franchise and are worse than Forza 3 and 4. A decent enough racer and the 5 dollar DLC is a steal, but there are definitely better Forza games to grab and play.

Interesting. What forms of motorsport do you currently follow? And what has been your favourite race in 2019?

I have both 6 and 7 both are great games ...I'm guess it's music thing or maybe car licencing ?

That's my guess as well. I'll take a stab and presume that music licensing is likely the issue, mate :/

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Interesting. What forms of motorsport do you currently follow? And what has been your favourite race in 2019?

That's my guess as well. I'd take a stab and presume that music licensing is likely the issue :/

What does that have to do with Forza Motorsport? We are talking about a game franchise and you don't need to follow various motorsports IRL to have an opinion on them, mate.

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
All licenced racing games have a shelf life, sadly. Driveclub will be leaving us this year too.

It's odd though, becaue you can still buy really old Need For Speed games in digital stores. EA must keep re-licencing.

Caffeine

All licenced racing games have a shelf life, sadly. Driveclub will be leaving us this year too.

It's odd though, becaue you can still buy really old Need For Speed games in digital stores. EA must keep re-licencing.
I think its because EA usually uses the same cars even in newer games. so the license to use is kept up because a new need for speed keeps coming. If for some reason(sales) should the series stop all of them would be delisted on the same day.

JCK75

Forza is my favorite racing series, I personally would still buy them if they just said FU to licensing and made up all of their cars..
so long as there is a solid variety, I'd love it.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I have the disc but purchased the DLC packs - will I still be able to download the DLC or is that going too?

Sorry if its obvious and I've missed it.

zcaa0g

Banned
That's why having on disc its the best choice,fucking digital era

Enjoy swapping disks 1990s style. If you already own F6 digitally, you can still download it and play in the future. And even if one couldn't, it's not going to matter by the time Forza 50 is out. No one will care.

Mattyp

Gold Member
I have the disc but purchased the DLC packs - will I still be able to download the DLC or is that going too?

If you own the content yes you will always be able to re-download the DLC. Not sure if this includes DLC or just the base game, as I believe it would be music licencing issue which wouldn't be included in DLC but who knows really.

Physical for life but.

You're safe mate (y) ; you'll still be able to download what you've already bought online going forwards (unless Microsoft turn off the XBL servers). Those who want the full Forza 6 campaign in a years+ time though are screwed though as it won't be available to purchase.

Enjoy swapping disks 1990s style. If you already own F6 digitally, you can still download it and play in the future. And even if one couldn't, it's not going to matter by the time Forza 50 is out. No one will care.

What a silly thing to say, Z zcaa0g .

s9iivrh.gif

I can't even...

...Oh, I just realised that you're just a letterposter. How are things over at Resetera? 🤔

Gamer card cancelled. Opinion instantly invalidated.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.

As if getting your arse off a sofa to change a disc can be considered so time consuming that it is even a thing in its own right.

Last edited:
Sure I will enjoy it,cause I will still have it,but you could actually not have the game anymore if they are taking out the store,it doesn't matter if you both it,and if you have a problem swapping discs I guess your a lazy fatass because this seems hard to you.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
I guess it's not selling at all anymore. Otherwise I don't really see the reason here?

sol_bad

Another example of the games industry not preserving their legacy, so annoying. Can't they just remove the car logos or something for the digital version without affecting the physical version?

Otterz4Life

Played some a little bit ago thanks to GwG. Really great game. I think I like Motorsport better than Horizon.

Get it before it’s gone!

Flintty

Forza Motorsport 6 for the Xbox One (the second best Forza Motorsport game, behind Forza 4 on the 360) is being de-listed digitally.

dWLFQdR.jpg

But will continue to be forever available physically (y)

bc3CAfz.jpg

If you already own the game and don't already own all of the DLC, the complete DLC Add-On Collection is currently discounted to $4.99 ($4.99, US, 95% off • 4 days left) and available from here: Discounted DLC

If you don't already own the game and prefer digital games, it's temporarily available for purchase digitally from Microsoft until September 15th: Forza Motorsport 6 .

But, if you have an interest in console racing simulations with fantastic single player campaigns, I'd recommend picking up a cheap physical copy now in combination with the discounted digital DLC. It's a brilliant game. I prefer it to F7. 460 cars, 26 tracks, 60fps. It's a good time. Highly recommended if racing sims are your jam:

IGN Video Review by Luke Reilly

ACG's Review

Thanks for the heads-up. May aswell grab it whilst I can!

zcaa0g

Banned
Sure I will enjoy it,cause I will still have it,but you could actually not have the game anymore if they are taking out the store,it doesn't matter if you both it,and if you have a problem swapping discs I guess your a lazy fatass because this seems hard to you.

By the time that's an issue, your console will be dead and won't be able to use that disc and the console will be scarce on eBay and you will be using an emulator on your PC just to play it. Using physical media is something a Nintendo dork would do.

Zannegan

All in-game licenses should be for the lifetime of the product. Instead the lifetime of the product is determined by in-game licenses. We're living in bizarro world.

Game companies probably prefer it this way, TBH. Their new games don't have to compete with their predecessors in terms of tracks, cars, guns, or whatever other real-world options the genre requires.

Diminishing returns have to make each successive gen's sims a harder sell, but if you can take the old gens out of the equation, you get a new, inevitably lower baseline for value every four or five years. Must be nice.

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
Xbox One is not hacked, content can't be dumped so these games and DLC are endangered to disappear forever. I only care about Horizon series, but I've missed on playing Storm Island DLC.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If you can still have the game on the store but not it's soundtrack that would be best, obviously not taking the game off the store is ideal.

By the time that's an issue, your console will be dead and won't be able to use that disc and the console will be scarce on eBay and you will be using an emulator on your PC just to play it. Using physical media is something a Nintendo dork would do.
Who cares by that time,lets hope we will be alive, then worry if you still care,and my bet that you won't even play videogames by then,you will have other serious issues in your life,I'm already playing less and less ,mostly because of mtx,only 1 game both this year .

Damn, $5 for all the DLC, that's an amazing deal!

aSzwjDK.gif

I agree, mate 🍺. I bought the Porsche DLC originally but didn't touch the rest of the DLC back in the day.

For anyone who is semi-interested and haven't already checked, you get two sizable, narrated, historical / instructional racing campaigns (Porsche & Nascar) on top of the original game, as well as all of these cars for $5 (US):
Lb6Kqls.jpg

mQoZMaO.jpg

tD5eU6w.jpg

PETeVo0.jpg

qHiEwib.jpg

I've been putting in some laps around Silverstone in a 1990 Ferrari Formula 1 this evening whilst enjoying a Friday night beer and listening to some gaming podcasts. Turn 10 really nailed the sound. The V12 sounds brilliant through my audio set up.

maxresdefault.jpg

Forza-Motorsport-6-Hot-Wheels-Car-Pack-720x340.jpg

If you're into racing games that sway more towards simulation than arcade, the DLC (and Forza 6) is a really good pick up IMO. There are *a lot* of hours of gameplay here for cheap.

It's a shame that no one is going to (presumably) be able to purchase/experience this large component of the game that's unique to Forza 6 after September 2019. I have Forza 7 but F6 is a unique single player gameplay experience. I like the features that F7 added but I think I prefer Forza 6 as a game.

Last edited:

Otterz4Life

Also why failing to realize I can get a copy of Forza 6 anytime off of Ebay while he won't be able to get a digital copy of Forza 6 any time after September 15th.
And that’s okay. There’s always FM7. At least Microsoft is giving FM6 away with Gold like the did with Horizon 2.

I got Forza 6 free today with Games with Gold. Previously, I got Forza 5 and Horizon 2 the same way. They're both fun.
Im no really into racing games, but its sad to know this game will be cast into oblivion soon.

Top Bottom