• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foundation: Season 2 Trailer

Spyxos

Gold Member

More than a century after the Season 1 finale, tension mounts throughout the galaxy. As the Cleons unravel, a vengeful queen plots to destroy Empire from within. Hari, Gaal, and Salvor discover a colony of Mentalics with special abilities that threaten to alter psychohistory itself. Meanwhile, the Foundation and Empire are on a collision course for war with the fate of humanity in the balance. Foundation is led by Emmy-nominated actors Jared Harris and Lee Pace, alongside rising stars Lou Llobell and Leah Harvey. Also starring returning cast Laura Birn, Cassian Bilton and Terrence Mann, Season 2 of Foundation introduces new characters and stars, including Isabella Laughland (Brother Constant), Kulvinder Ghir (Poly Verisof), Ella-Rae Smith (Queen Sareth of Cloud Dominion), Holt McCallany (Warden Jaegger Fount), Rachel House (Tellem Bond), Nimrat Kaur (Yanna Seldon), Ben Daniels (Bel Riose), and Dimitri Leonidas (Hober Mallow).

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I was looking forward to this (Asimov! Foundation! Big budget SF tv series! Woohoo!), but I lasted only two episodes before I called it quits. This series suffered from the same faults as The Rings of Power.

Spyxos

Gold Member
It’s a good looking show for sure.

I got bored watching S1 and still have a few episodes left to watch. I’ll give it another go probably.

Looks as insane as it seems boring.

First season is such a slog. Unbearable.

I was looking forward to this (Asimov! Foundation! Big budget SF tv series! Woohoo!), but I lasted only two episodes before I called it quits. This series suffered from the same faults as The Rings of Power.

I know the series is not great. But there are no other high budget science fiction series out there. The buildup around the clones is fun, the rest is well... And I was never into Star Trek but rather Battlestar Glactica and Stargate SG-1/Atlantis.

Ownage

It’s a good looking show for sure.

I got bored watching S1 and still have a few episodes left to watch. I’ll give it another go probably.
The first couple of episodes were good. The middle was dull, and the end was okay. It needs more techno doom apocalypse destruction, which it seems to do well.

Superkewl

Gold Member
I just watched this a couple weeks ago and thought it was pretty good, not amazing though.

What bothers me most about pretty much all shows nowadays, is the casting. I don't mean all the woke crap, but all these zillennial actors who I have a hard time taking seriously. Most of them cant act for shit. Thankfully Jared Harris, Lee pace and Brother Dusk save this show.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm so behind! I've had to go to the hospital way too much to be part time interpreter for my adult child's mom. I'll catch up later today.

Hardensoul

I thought I wasn’t going to watch S2 after disliking the 2nd half of S1. Honestly don’t remember much of Foundation S1 2nd half.

But I needed my SciFi fix! I’m really enjoying S2 so far. I got last weeks episode and I’m caught up.

Empire Day is still really good, his soon to be Empress is interesting.

Only issue is all the new characters being introduce almost every episode and having to keep up with who they are. But fortunately they seem to be pretty interesting that it wasn’t that bad!

LordOfChaos

They said after season one it would be unleashed a bit, but so far pretty much the same, I don't mind a slow space opera if it's good, but there's boring stretches and some decidedly mixed acting.

Still entertaining enough for me to keep going, and Lee Pace is always great, some of the others not so much. Salvor actress is awful.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
They said after season one it would be unleashed a bit, but so far pretty much the same, I don't mind a slow space opera if it's good, but there's boring stretches and some decidedly mixed acting.

Still entertaining enough for me to keep going, and Lee Pace is always great, some of the others not so much. Salvor actress is awful.

Salvor and Gaal either are horribly directed or are talentless.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Am I the only one here enjoying the 2nd season? The last few episodes have been amazing. It's some of the best sci-fi I've ever seen. I love it. Can't get enough of Lee Pace and the entire Cleon story

You're not the only one. I LOVE this show! So does one of my best friends... She loved it so much from season 1, she bought the books and is enjoying season 2!

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Ok, I was thoroughly unimpressed with season 1, to the point I stopped watching as it strayed so far from the book it wasn’t even funny. Does it redeem itself?

Last edited:

Hardensoul

Ok, I was thoroughly unimpressed with season 1, to the point I stopped watching as it strayed so far from the book it wasn’t even funny. Does it redeem itself?
I don't know anything about the books, I didn't like Terminus in 2nd half of show. But I'm enjoying S2.

LordOfChaos

The last episode, 9, is getting really good. Really getting into the extremely long winded game plans that at first you may not have even know were the main plot.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
For those of you liking it, are you big book fans? I love the series and the first season was so far off it really took me out of it. I’d love some comments from that perspective

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
For those of you liking it, are you big book fans? I love the series and the first season was so far off it really took me out of it. I’d love some comments from that perspective

Haven't read the books... I'm really enjoying the show tho.

My friend read the books after watching season 1. She's also enjoying season 2.

Top Bottom