• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FOX Open To A “Buffy” Series Revival

bitbydeath

RsMOg3Z8RC-5IDhMkIXVJE-yDTsbQYEQj9DrcftcayIGMDrAZJ2YT8WHW_JrWswCj71i9PLTnZfKR0arsmy1q65iFebz-ioKc88ntdGQlR0IyT_FTqcMAyt2t9SmuHu3S4jgAFOb4XPtQSmDtXbkQwo=w498-h274-nc

It’s time Joss!

Speaking at the INTV Conference, Fox TV group chair Gary Newman says: “‘Buffy’ is probably the most ripe show we have for bringing back. It’s something we talk about frequently, and Joss Whedon is really one of the greatest creators we ever worked with. When Joss decides it’s time, we’ll do it. And until Joss decides its time, it won’t happen.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/fox-open-to-a-buffy-series-revival/

TrainedRage

Banned
I hope to God this becomes reality. I loved the show when I was younger. Still have my signed picture of SMG. I recently started watching the entire series again on hulu. They need to bring the entire cast back for it to be a success. No changing actors please. SMG still looks great.

bitbydeath

Spike and Angel have aged a bit since so they’d either need to CGI them to their younger selves or leave them out entirely.

NickFire

Yes I'm down! Maybe they could have Buffy's daughter or something as the new slayer and be mentored by SMG
Would be weird to have Buffy name her daughter Buffy, and also weird to have a show starring someone other than a Buffy if they keep the name. I vote reboot.

TrainedRage

Banned
Spike and Angel have aged a bit since so they’d either need to CGI them to their younger selves or leave them out entirely.
That's a good point ie. Vamps don't age. But maybe they could do some Deus Ex Machina and say because they have 'souls' the age is 'slightly' affected.
Im cool with doing a reboot, the cast will need to be perfect to come close to being comparable to the Scooby Gang!

kunonabi

To me, it was a show that lasted about 4 years longer than it should have.

Season 3 was certainly the high point but seasons 5 and 6 had their moments. The real problem was the writers stopped really caring about anyone other than Willow.

dbztrk

I just realized that with Disney's purchase of Fox they would own the rights to Buffy. I would love a big screen adaptation of Buffy done correctly this time by Joss & company.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm down for this. I find myself rewatching Buffy or Angel every year it feels like

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Bah. When is the remake of Dawson's Creek?

You joke, but I could totally see that happening in the next couple years. Roswell and Charmed are coming back, and now maybe Buffy. And there's been talk of a third Beverly Hills 90210 series.

Top Bottom