• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fragile (Wii) is coming to Europe and Australia in 2010 by Rising Star Games

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6212624.html

I posted this in the NA thread, but it's surprisingly being ignored, and I thought this was worthy of a new thread anyway. :p

Fragile breaks European cover

Wii-exclusive postapocalyptic RPG developed by Eternal Sonata team tri-Crescendo coming to Europe and Australia early 2010.

Since its launch, the Wii has not been the best of platforms for lovers of role-playing games, with the highest rated titles on GameSpot for the genre to hit the platform being ports of the N64 classic Paper Mario and Zelda's Super Nintendo outing A Link to the Past, thanks to the system's Virtual Console download service.

The critically acclaimed real-time strategy role-playing game hybrid Little King's Story served to satisfy some of those clamouring for more high-quality original RPG content on Nintendo's megaselling platform when it was released earlier this year. It seems LKS was the exception to the rule, with few high-profile RPGs pencilled in to fill the RPG gap within Europe this year, save Japanese phenomenon Monster Hunter G. However, European Japanese RPG fans have something to smile about today, as Rising Star Games, European publishers of the adventures of the aforementioned diminutive royal, has confirmed that it is bringing Fragile (subtitled Farewell Ruins of the Moon in the US and Japan) to the Wii in Europe and Australia this spring, in the Northern Hemisphere.

The postapocalyptic RPG has been developed by tri-Crescendo, the team behind 2008's critically acclaimed PS3 and Xbox 360 title Eternal Sonata, and hit the number two spot in the Japanese software chart when it was published by Namco Bandai in January. The game lacked an overseas publisher until Xseed Games picked up the US rights in the spring and confirmed it was to publish the title there this winter.

The game follows Seto, a boy living in the ruins of Tokyo who believes he is the last surviving person on the planet. After finding a letter, he sets off to search for other survivors and "fight off the demons and ghosts that haunt this forsaken and crumbling world while piecing together the mystery of mankind's disappearance," according to Rising Star. You can see the TGS trailer for Fragile below--keep it tuned to GameSpot for more information on the game as the US and EU releases approach.

Rising Star Games are beginning to develop quite the fan base. They are pretty awesome.
Jaded Alyx said:
I've honestly lost interest in the game. Thanks for the info though.
No way? Did I miss something.. I thought it looked cool

Visualante said:
Rising Star Games are beginning to develop quite the fan base. They are pretty awesome.

Gameplay videos didn't impress me much. That's just me though.

Lucis

Visualante said:

ya you missed the long post about how boring it is if you actually play it.

Vinnk

Leon S. Kennedy said:
Are they going to fix all the bugs?

What bugs? I know many didn't care for the combat system, but I don't recall anything about bugs. Personally I enjoyed the game a lot. Great music.

CTLance

Ooooh.
2mxohfl.jpg

2010 is a bummer though. Still so far away.

Sagitario

Vinnk said:
What bugs? I know many didn't care for the combat system, but I don't recall anything about bugs. Personally I enjoyed the game a lot. Great music.

Maybe he's thinking about Fatal Frame?

I'll definitely get this... it does have a nice atmosphere/setting/music...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Hell yeah!

Fuck you Atlus! This is for ignoring the PAL region continually for years! Rising Star Games forever!

jesusraz

Finally the cat's been let out of the bag...I didn't think people would be so surprised given how many hints have been dropped over the past couple of months ;)

Great news indeed. Okay, the battle system is clunky, but the general atmosphere and feel of the game is magical. Extremely fun overall - maybe a 7 or 7.5/10 from what I played of the Japanese version.

Haunted

Excellent.

jesusraz said:
Finally the cat's been let out of the bag...I didn't think people would be so surprised given how many hints have been dropped over the past couple of months ;)

Great news indeed. Okay, the battle system is clunky, but the general atmosphere and feel of the game is magical. Extremely fun overall - maybe a 7 or 7.5/10 from what I played of the Japanese version.
Excellent.

Shiggy

jesusraz said:

Right when I saw the thread title, I was sure that you had confirmed this some weeks ago :lol

Boerseun

Banned
Yeah, I'm definitely getting this one!

Also, where's the PAL release of Symphonia 2? I havn't seen anything since the announcement. Do we even have a date?

Boerseun said:
Yeah, I'm definitely getting this one!

Also, where's the PAL release of Symphonia 2? I havn't seen anything since the announcement. Do we even have a date?
I think it's October, but not too sure (not interested all that much).

Ramenman

I couldn't even get in before "but we told you IT SUCKS !! STOP BEING INTERESTED !!".

You know there's a small group of people on GAF, who like to make their own opinion about things, and thus would like to try a game to see for themselves ?

jesusraz

Boerseun said:
It's definitely coming, don't worry. The official flyers for Vesperia 360 only just got sent out a day or so ago.

Shiggy said:
Right when I saw the thread title, I was sure that you had confirmed this some weeks ago :lol
Nobody listens to me, and rightly so ;)

batbeg

Ramenman said:
I couldn't even get in before "but we told you IT SUCKS !! STOP BEING INTERESTED !!".

You know there's a small group of people on GAF, who like to make their own opinion about things, and thus would like to try a game to see for themselves ?

According to significant portions of GAF, not one of my Top 4 GOTY contenders could ever be deemed enjoyable by anybody, apparently :( But I'd been so sure...!

As to this... I have to admit, my hype isn't that great. Will probably wait for a small price collapse to £20-25 unless there's nothing else around the time of release.

jesusraz

Cosmozone said:
Yay! Not surprising after the US announcement but nice enough.
You say that, but the deal hadn't been 100% finalised until just a week or so ago...it could have fallen through.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cosmozone said:
Yay! Not surprising after the US announcement but nice enough.
Knowing that this was a Bandai-Namco game and that they didn't pick up Retro Game Challenge, I wouldn't have been so sure about it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I love the atmosphere. I'll happily swallow the apparently average (bad?) gameplay for this one, sorry gaf.

Top Bottom