• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frank O'Connor Appears to Have Left 343 Industries

Bartski

Gold Member
This Is Fine GIF

MiguelItUp

Yeah, can't ignore that this is all happening for a reason. Too early to tell if this is really good or bad in the long run, but only time will tell. I still continue to feel bad for Halo fans, the amount of punches over the years has been something else.

Robb

Gold Member
They need to clean house anyway. Replace them all and make something new instead of delaying Halo Infinite features for all eternity.

VAVA Mk2

Just realized his current work on LinkedIn isn't listed with another company. Seems like they gave him the axe and he is looking to go elsewhere right now.

nush

Just realized his current work on LinkedIn isn't listed with another company. Seems like they gave him the axe and he is looking to go elsewhere right now.

Like all ex-journos "freelance" is calling him. He's had a colorful history recently, surprised it took this long.

Varteras

Gold Member
wtf happened guys ?

The media gave the game more initial praise than it deserved. A fanbase rallied around the only game that stood a chance to give the new console early momentum after an entire generation damaged the brand. Forza is great, but Xbox needed Halo and it didn't deliver. 343, once again, failed.

Guy was a shitstain racist posting on Reeeera. Hope he never lands a job.

Not that I doubt you, but I'm curious what he was saying. There was always something about him that rubbed me the wrong way but I couldn't put my finger on it.

ManaByte

Wonder how the other place feels, as they first loved him and then wanted him in the gulag re-education camps.

nush

Not that I doubt you, but I'm curious what he was saying. There was always something about him that rubbed me the wrong way but I couldn't put my finger on it.

There were multiple instances, not going to bother capping them all from Resetera but they kept giving him a pass because he was an "Industry name" until the dam broke. He got a weak #metoo moment as well. I know what you mean, he's got the look.

OIP-C.vY0s-ueltVXHHiYvEBwUsgAAAA

Thirty7ven

Banned
Or they will have the Call Of Duty people to take over Halo to bring it back to it's glory days.

I’ve seen this take all over the place and it doesn’t make sense. You would be cutting the legs of COD and you don’t pay 70B to tone that down.

Halo is a huge game, it will take a lot of resources and time. You need a studio focused on it, not a part time gig.

COD and Halo are also very different games and there’s no guarantee a COD studio would fare any better.

The franchise needs to take a breather and come back later.

Last edited:

onQ123

I’ve seen this take all over the place and it doesn’t make sense. You would be cutting the legs of COD and you don’t pay 70B to tone that down.

Halo is a huge game, it will take a lot of resources and time. You need a studio focused on it, not a part time gig.

COD and Halo are also very different games and there’s no guarantee a COD studio would fare any better.
Call Of Duty has a few teams

C2brixx

Back in the early days of the internet the gaming decision was more about tricks and tips. Now everything is a soap opera.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Call Of Duty has a few teams

Yes and that’s for a reason. If you take a team away you lose something, and for what? A blind chance? Not a single one of these teams is known for the kind of quality or gameplay mechanics or single player campaign structure you would want from Halo.

All those teams make up the COD dev network also.

Top Bottom