• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Franklin actor from GTAV loses his shit.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I think this would be better suited to the politics board at this point lol
It could honestly go anywhere, gaming, politics or off topic.
But he is a voice actor for the biggest game in North America, and he is saying fuck GTAV and its fans following him so I thought gaming forum made the most sense.

That doesn't justify white people going on IG and calling him nigger. His choice of job doesn't mean people should be able to do that. I strongly disagree with you that he "seems like a prick". He's clearly had enough and is pleading with people to leave him alone. How does that make him a prick?

How do you know if it's just white people? That's one of the problems with assuming racism these days; people treat it very black & white (no pun intended). Those could've been Asian, Latino or even other black people calling him that, too. You'd probably be surprised at how much more racist different minority groups are towards each other than whites could be towards any of them.

Aside that, I don't have much else to add. This is an old vid done right around the time of the George Floyd stuff blowing up. In hindsight, it was something taken advantage of for political and social narrative reasons that ignored some hard facts of that specific situation. But it is what it is.

As non-american these things are just so weird, like why on 2020 race is so important at there? Why cant people just be people, and same rules for all?

I could tell you why but it'd be very deeply involved. Let's just say there's this thing called the black & white checkerboard, and certain "things" that certain people in certain high places want implemented by certain dates, and they need to play off of bygone historical incidents of certain groups ingrained in the fabric of America's roots in order to gin up enough tension to keep everyone at each other's throats over bullshit that means nothing much in the grand scheme of things, while those same certain people in certain high places continue to do stuff like the mass transfer of wealth occurring in society right now due to all the business shutdowns from COVID-19.

* Before anyone even tries it, no I'm not referring to any specific ethnic or religious group/denomination. I'm speaking more in terms of class stature.

This stuff is much, much deeper than gaming and way beyond Shawn (or most people)'s current level of comprehension or understanding. Even those of us who are aware of at least some of this stuff, struggle with truly understanding how it all works together.

Last edited:
How do you know if it's just white people? That's one of the problems with assuming racism these days; people treat it very black & white (no pun intended). Those could've been Asian, Latino or even other black people calling him that, too. You'd probably be surprised at how much more racist different minority groups are towards each other than whites could be towards any of them.

Aside that, I don't have much else to add. This is an old vid done right around the time of the George Floyd stuff blowing up. In hindsight, it was something taken advantage of for political and social narrative reasons that ignored some hard facts of that specific situation. But it is what it is.
Very true.

Some of the most blatantly racist people I've ever been around have been Chinese. Went to China and my buddy was acosted like he was a unicorn, people just pointing and laughing at him, running up and touching his hair. Which at the time, just felt strange as neither of us had ever been to China before. Chalked it up to cultural differences.

Then I got a job at an Ophthalmologists clinic in Oakland, CA. The entire office was made up of Chinese women and my wife, and the Chinese ladies would say the most racist and vile shit about Chinese(if they were Cantonese) people and Black people. Which made up probably close to 85% of the patients we saw. Blew my mind.

Last edited:

Lethal01

Very true.

Some of the most blatantly racist people I've ever been around have been Chinese. Went to China and my buddy was acosted like he was a unicorn, people just pointing and laughing at him, running up and touching his hair. Which at the time, just felt strange as neither of us had ever been to China before. Chalked it up to cultural differences.

Then I got a job at an Ophthalmologists clinic in Oakland, CA. The entire office was made up of Chinese women and my wife, and the Chinese ladies would say the most racist and vile shit about Chinese(if they were Cantonese) people and Black people. Which made up probably close to 85% of the patients we saw. Blew my mind.

Care to share?
I'm curious of the chinese brand of racism.

Yeah basically, from being in China it usually different than the kind of stuff you hear from even the most racist americans.
If it's not then forget it.
If a Cantonese person were to walk in, they'd seriously talk mad shit about them when the doors were closed sometimes even directly in front of them, calling them inbred, dumb, rice farmers with no education and making fun of them for being on Medicaid. Black people were typically called drug dealers and thieves all the time, after being made fun of for being on Medicaid.

I would give Fundus tests, take pictures of people's cornea's and I'd have to get one of the girls to translate for me all the time, and these people don't speak a lick of English and they'd talk shit right in front on them.

oagboghi2

Ford is just an asshole.
And yet you didn't make a thread about him.

You made a thread about this guy, because he hurt your feelings when he shit on his "fans".

Be honest, are you one of the people calling him a nigger on his social media?

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
And yet you didn't make a thread about him.

You made a thread about this guy, because he hurt your feelings when he shit on his "fans".

Be honest, are you one of the people calling him a nigger on his social media?
You're an idiot.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i dunno, it's a free country, he can say what he wants.

this game he worked on came out 7 years ago. just spending a single day talking about video games on the internet is enough to drive people insane. imagine 7 years of that, from millions of people all over the world.

Mentat02

Banned
seems like the guy is sick and tired of people only knowing him because of the GTA V character. the chat is even spamming Franklin in his comments lol.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
It's a yes or no question?

It would explain why you are so angry over a nothing video. I mean, does it really need to be explained people don't like being called that slur on social media?
I already said in first post that this came up on YouTube as a recommended video. The only reason it grabbed my attention was because it started auto playing when I was away from my tv and next thing I knew I had a guy ranting about GTA fans . I DONT EVEN PLAY GTA. I just posted this because its related to an immensely popular game.
So spare me your bullshit and take your SJW type accusations back to Era.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember this, the guy was being trolled endlessly by overzealous Rockstar fans and didn’t understand why they weren’t separating him from the character.

Very true.

The crazy part is, a lot of people on the left just try pretending none of this exists, and when they're forced to even partially acknowledge it they say it's down to a million other things but, if it were white people acting this same way, they wouldn't make up any excuses and just call it blatant racism. Why not keep the same energy across the board? That's part of what equality's supposed to be about.

China in particular has a really big problem with this stuff, particularly with certain other ethnic groups as you've described. I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese people at the clinic you're describing were Chinese immigrants (i.e they more or less grew up in China); the way they're treating Uyghurs and the way some African immigrants were treated in one of the Chinese districts when the COVID stuff was breaking out was pretty disgusting...not a peep on any of that from so-called "progressive" Western media or corporations tho :pie_thinking: ...

Granted in those two examples that's the CCP, and I don't want to insinuate that the CCP is China at large; unfortunately since many Chinese citizens are indoctrinated with an infatuation for the CCP, they also buy into the CCP's propaganda. There's a lot of Chinese Exceptionalism taught to citizens and when they emigrate out to other countries they have almost no respect for the rules and customs of those countries because they feel superior. It's a real case of a messed-up government brainwashing large swathes of its people into dangerous mentalities that bring unnecessary tension.

...Yet we're always told to keep on the lookout for the Russians :LOL: and klan robe-wearing white racists by the mainstream media. Not saying there aren't white racists out there: they exist. But the way the media tries pretending there's some complete harmony between various minority groups is almost comical. I wouldn't say it's virulent, but they would probably be surprised at the level of some racism, say, some Asians have towards blacks, or some blacks towards Asians, or some Latinos towards blacks or blacks towards Latinos, Latinos towards Asians etc.

Hell you can break it down even further if you want; African immigrants towards African-Americans and vice-versa, legal Latinos towards undocumented Latinos, Chinese towards Japanese and vice-versa. Some of the worst racism in modern-day tends to go this way, not too many white people involved in the mix of those (unless they're being leveraged as props I guess).

Last edited:

alife

Why he have to state his race so many times in the beginning :messenger_neutral:

How to be trashy and give image of low education combined with stupidity, no matter the race: repeat words like "nigga, mother fucker, fuck, gang nigger, made nigga on the streets of L.A."

Now imagine white person talking like that, he would be canceled faster than I can say mofo. Yet if I understood him, he is angry because non-blacks use word "nigga" while he spams it like a machine gun. Logically he is even more racist as he wants skin color define which words people can use:messenger_fearful:

People should lead by example: dont want to see angry people? be calm. Dont want people to spam a word, how about not spam the word in everywhere just to piss people of by some imaginary permit to use it.

I hope he gets the same treatment as everybody else whom talks like that so things are equal:messenger_savoring:

This culture where race is everything is just so alien and weird to me, it makes people blind to the issues itself, because they just assume that everything is connected to black vs white (and forgetting everyone else). I think that his problem isnt people using word "nigga" in the end, it is that he is just too angry and over sensitive so he got mad to trolls that use it because they know it is "forbidden" word.

This "I can say nigga, you cant! hahaha, or you are racist!" problem would be solved easily, either everybody can use it, or nobody can use it.

Bad personality is bad, no matter the color.

Does it justify him to call everyone niggas or use the word?

At least he can rage on the internet, white folks will be just called racist if they criticize anything remotely related to race.

As non-american these things are just so weird, like why on 2020 race is so important at there? Why cant people just be people, and same rules for all?
Your post is an example of the type of ramblings expected of someone who is uneducated and could possibly be a closeted racist or racist sympathizer. With you being a non-American individual, no one would expect you to understand black culture or even LA culture. I personally have no issue with anyone within the black community using the word "nigga" outside of a professional setting and I won't make any attempts in slapping every black person with an asinine double standard as you just did. What's absolutely ridiculous about your post is the apparent delusional notion you believe in where there isn't a dichotomy between an individual such as Shawn using the word "nigga" and a white individual addressing Shawn as a "nigger" in a derogatory manner.

A bad post masquerading as thoughtful insight is bad.... no matter the color.

Enjay

Banned
Your post is an example of the type of ramblings expected of someone who is uneducated and could possibly be a closeted racist or racist sympathizer. With you being a non-American individual, no one would expect you to understand black culture or even LA culture. I personally have no issue with anyone within the black community using the word "nigga" outside of a professional setting and I won't make any attempts in slapping every black person with an asinine double standard as you just did. What's absolutely ridiculous about your post is the apparent delusional notion you believe in where there isn't a dichotomy between an individual such as Shawn using the word "nigga" and a white individual addressing Shawn as a "nigger" in a derogatory manner.

A bad post masquerading as thoughtful insight is bad.... no matter the color.
Baby's First Cykology trolling.

MrJTeera

It’s too bad most of the quotes associating with Franklin are all demeaning, like that yee yee ass haircut line. At most, Young Maylay’s line gets turned into a harmless meme.

But Shawn really needs to relax, don’t vent out in public, and separate the racial topics from his 12 year old fans. Trying to explain that to them is pointless, when all they can think about is getting the N-word pass from their favorite game character, or worse.

Make a new social account or something, ones that disassociating from the Franklin character, where you can post serious issues without having to deal with people asking you to “say that line Franky boy!”

NinjaBoiX

Why the fuck would a VA be your hero?
MtZ9N.gif

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Thats true but did he really expect a world of positively to grow from his work in a game centered on negativity?
He chose to play the stereotype characters for a paycheck.

That's like saying actors who kill in the movies should be arrested for murder.

Compsiox

Banned
I watched about half a minute, if that, and then tapped out. No idea what he’s trying to convey but he seems angry.
More than 7 years ago. Damn time flies.

It blows my mind that Rockstar is still sucking a lot of money out of this thing after so long.

Last edited:

reptilex

Banned
I already said in first post that this came up on YouTube as a recommended video. The only reason it grabbed my attention was because it started auto playing when I was away from my tv and next thing I knew I had a guy ranting about GTA fans . I DONT EVEN PLAY GTA. I just posted this because its related to an immensely popular game.
So spare me your bullshit and take your SJW type accusations back to Era.

We know why you posted this, don't try harder, we know you don't even play GTA and all that interested you is to paint a black guy talking about being dehumanised by fans especially using slurs, as exactly that slur...

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
We know why you posted this, don't try harder, we know you don't even play GTA and all that interested you is to paint a black guy talking about being dehumanised by fans especially using slurs, as exactly that slur...

Yeah man you got me. Figured out my whole devious plan.
I would have gotten away with it too if you wasn't for you meddling kids and your dog.

Eimran

I thought Trevor was the unstalble one.

Anyway guys, never assume that your favorite actor/singer etc is the same in real life. While there are good ones between them most of them are just a bunch of degenerates who have never had to face the average's Joe life and problems.

Top Bottom