• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freakyforms Deluxe / 3DS / July 28th

Shiggy

I couldn't find a thread for this title!?

Take your formee on a whirlwind adventure across your very own personalised planet when Freakyforms Deluxe Your Creations, Alive! launches on Nintendo 3DS this summer

22nd June 2012 – Let your imagination run wild this summer when Freakyforms Deluxe Your Creations, Alive! launches across Europe for Nintendo 3DS on 28th July 2012. Bring your very own creatures to life, plucking each designed element from the depths of your mind to create something truly unique. Called formees, your customised creatures are created on a drawing board featuring a large palette of shapes, body parts and colours that can be put together and tweaked to transform them into pretty much anything. The only limit is your imagination.

As the expanded version of the Nintendo 3DS Download Software title, Freakyforms, Your Creations, Alive!, this eccentric game is packed full of user-generated content and contains a wide range of new features for you to enjoy. There are a lot of body parts to choose from when designing your formee, such as wings allowing your formee to fly and wheels that will make your formee move much faster on land.

Once you’ve mastered the drawing board and brought a team of formees to life, it is now time to explore the side-scrolling platform aspects of the game, exploring your personally customised planet and completing quests as you go. Enjoy discovering new body parts and locations, as the planet gets bigger as more formees are created. Try your hand at fruit eating, collecting money, unlocking and exploring dungeons. In each of the all-new dungeons, you are tasked with tackling a perilous task in order to find hidden jewels. By completing the dungeons you can unlock new abilities called Special Actions. These add another layer of personalisation to your formees through new animations and sounds such as shooting actual missiles from your formee or engulfing it in flames.

Each dungeon features elements from the location in which it’s found such as water in the Ocean dungeon or wind currents in Cloudland. On every floor you must find a jewel which acts as the key to the next floor. Model formees and Guests’ formees from StreetPass will appear in each dungeon, trying to hinder your progress. Defeat these formees in order to reach the end and the final boss battle!

For the first time, you can now also showcase your formees with other Nintendo 3DS users in multiplayer mode, in addition to sharing them over StreetPass, or via QR Codes which can also be used to import a formee into the game. If you fancy getting even closer to the little creatures, watch them come to life in front of your very own eyes using the “?” AR Card. Freakyforms Deluxe Your Creations, Alive! also comes with the option of utilising Download Play so if you wish to play with a friend who doesn’t own the game then they will be able to join in with the creative fun.

With full Touch Screen controls, Freakyforms Deluxe Your Creations, Alive!, will provide everyone with hours of creative fun. Get designing and creating now, as the sky’s the limit when Freakyforms Deluxe Your Creations, Alive!, launches across Europe for Nintendo 3DS on 28th July 2012.

freakyformsdeluxeyourcreationsaliveboxeu.jpg

Trailer

Source: http://www.n1ntendo.nl/article/38351/1/3DS/freakyforms-deluxe-your-creations-alive-aangekondigd

Unofficial suggested price: 29.99€

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I wanted to do, after "The secret Nintendo Direct megaton: New Art Academy" , a thread about "The strangest Nintendo Direct megaton: FreakyForms Deluxe", but unfortunately I forgot doing it :p

Shiggy

I wanted to do, after "The secret Nintendo Direct megaton: New Art Academy" , a thread about "The strangest Nintendo Direct megaton: FreakyForms Deluxe", but unfortunately I forgot doing it :p

I noticed the packshot on the press server and wondered how Art Academy got its thread but this didn't.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Owner of the eShop Version should be able to update their version to this one for 5-10€.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The RPG mode looks awesome. I'd be happy if NoA picked this up to release it thorugh the eShop.

Owner of the eShop Version should be able to update their version to this one for 5-10€.

I'd be cool with this too.

cw_sasuke

Was anything like that indicated? The original version is on sale soon.

No, but it would be appreciated - there is no way i`ll spend another 30€ when i already own and even liked the eShop release. Maybe they will consider it in the future as DLC.

NeoRausch

No, but it would be appreciated - there is no way i`ll spend another 30€ when i already own and even liked the eShop release. Maybe they will consider it in the future as DLC.

yupp, i really like the idea of a full blown up version of this game but i'm really not shelling out the full price now.

nintendo want's to get big on DD games? well, here is one oppertunity.

cw_sasuke

Would be fair, so let's hope for it. The retail title should be available on eShop too, right?

I doubt it for now, maybe at some point later but Nintendo has made it clear that NSMB 2 will be the first Retail title to get the eShop download on day 1 treatment. I wonder when and if they will add there other titles like 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, OoT 3D and Co. to the eShop.

Having MK7 as a download game would be...appealing.

Shiggy

I doubt it for now, maybe at some point later but Nintendo has made it clear that NSMB 2 will be the first Retail title to get the eShop download on day 1 treatment. I wonder when and if they will add there other titles like 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, OoT 3D and Co. to the eShop.

Having MK7 as a download game would be...appealing.

Oh right, NSMB 2 isn't out until August.

Different game.

Sadist

Still surprised by this announcement. On the other hand, Inazuma Eleven Strikers and Pokémon Typing were pretty surprising as well.

mclem

well for 25EUR more it has to be deluxe DELUXE ;) I'd pay maybe 10eur (eShop) for it ... or even better: 5EUR DLC

This might be an interesting experiment along the lines of several companies' occasionally-voiced worry about cheap prices devaluing IP.

I can't really speak for Freakyforms, but given the content in it, I would not have felt cheated had I paid full-price for Pushmo.

Has anyone bought this yet? Would like to know what's 'deluxe' about this version ;)

A review was posted somewhere I can't remember, but it is not worth the large price difference of the original.

It adds, from the looks of it: 100 new parts, the dungeons (which appear in the 4 world areas), and a Formee Together multiplayer in which someone makes a theme and then both make a Formee using that theme to show each other.

Not sure how it can justify 7-30/40 in cost though :/

Shiggy

Retailers must have had really low low low expectations (like they had for Project Zero 2 and Beat the Beat) as it's sold out on Amazon.de.

Gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXHagVnFVN4

If you haven’t played FreakyForms before, this is probably the version to get, though the few improvements aren’t enough to make the extra investment worthwhile for those who already own the downloadable version. It remains a beautifully assembled construction kit that doesn’t give you quite enough to do with your creations, but many will find that simply playing Dr. Frankenstein and bringing bizarre monsters to life is reward enough.

6.5/10
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/25/freakyforms-deluxe-your-creations-alive-review

Top Bottom