• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday Boxoffice Estimates

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

I don't think Riddick's Saturday & Sunday numbers will be as good... I say more around $25-28 million for the weekend. I could be wrong, though. All three new openings (Riddick, Garfield, The Stepford Wives) seem pretty much guaranteed to be disappointments at the box office (based on total grosses), as I expected.

Desperado

GARFIELD=BOMB

how much did it cost?

edit:wtf is wrong with me, why did I think these were weekend numbers?? o_O oh well garfield still = bomb, just not as big as I thought

Tenguman

Guzim said:
Harry Potter dropped more than 50%?!?!
It's not being carried by the momentum of a book release. The first movie did so well because, well, it was the first movie. The second movie had major momentum since it came out alongside a new Harry Potter book. This one had none of those aspects, plus it had to compete with Shrek 2 for parent's pocketbooks.

That said it's still doing very well

Trevelyon

That's a hell of a drop, I was expecting a solid second w/e for PoA. Too bad Riddick didn't open in more theaters, it probably could've taken fridays BO #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom