• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friend has a problem regarding his 360 and COD 2, any help please?

Lakitu

st5fu
This is the only game that doesn't work for him, when he got his 360 console and other games (which work just fine, those games include Oblivion, GRAW, PGR 3 and newly acquired Dead Rising), he bought COD 2 along with it but when he started playing it, it came up with the error:

To play this game please insert it into an Xbox 360 console.

So he thought this was an error with the disc itself so he returned it and got another one, which has said the same thing. So what's going on?

Also, i'd like to state that when he first got the console and putting the console on (PGR 3) without any profiles it came up with an error message and 3 parts of the ring were flashing red, but then he created a profile and it's been working fine ever since.

GAF help please...

Jeff-DSA

It's a dying 360.

I'd get it replaced before it's out of warranty. My first one died rapidly, but my second one died about a month after starting doing stuff like you described.

Lakitu

st5fu
You're sure? Wow that sucks, could you explain to me about all this stuff going on, like is it mostly 360 launch consoles that are faulty?

Gigglepoo

My system locks up way too often - about five times with SR already and a handful with Texas Hold 'Em as well. Is that a death sign as well? It's only a couple months old.

snatches

Lakitu said:
You're sure? I mean he only just bought it and hardly used it, it don't make sense that it would be dying already?

I had this problem with PGR3 recently and I cleared the HD cache and re downloaded the dashboard update. Took about a minute. PGR3 now works flawlessly.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Follow the cache clearing advice.

Also, does he have the system hooked up to the internet?

If not, encourage him to do so. COD2 has a nasty save bug that needs to be fixed with an update.

Lakitu

st5fu
Goreomedy said:
Follow the cache clearing advice.

Also, does he have the system hooked up to the internet?

If not, encourage him to do so. COD2 has a nasty save bug that needs to be fixed with an update.

Yeah thanks I'm gonna tell him to do that, how do you do the HD cache clearing please? Is there any way I can check out how to do that?

And yeah, he should get live because there are some really essential downloads in there for bugs and such.

snatches

Lakitu said:
Yeah thanks I'm gonna tell him to do that, how do you do the HD cache clearing please? Is there any way I can check out how to do that?

And yeah, he should get live because there are some really essential downloads in there for bugs and such.

Live is free even if he just hooked it up to download necessary updates. As far as cache clearing, search this forum and you should find your answer. It is a combo of button presses on a certain dash location and I don't recall the specifics.

Top Bottom