• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software is hiring for several new projects

MiguelItUp

I'm assuming the project that's in the final stage of development is the new rumored Armored Core? I mean, unless it isn't. But I remember there were quite a bit of leaks suggesting that it would be on its way.

Stamps1646

• Armored Core is in development.
  • Bloodborne Remastered needs to be worked on by Bluepoint for PS5/PC.
  • Would absolutely love a new high fantasy game that is separate from Dark Souls.
  • Bloodborne 2 is a must, but I would like it to be on PS5/PC.
  • Elden Ring expansion, or sequel.
  • A new Sekiro with a different protagonist set in the same universe would be fantastic.

YukiOnna

Are we really believing From will ever go back to armored core? They’re selling 15 million unit beasts now. Isn’t that super niche?
Yes. Not only did it leak, but the Art Designer position they're hiring for specifies they'll be designing mechs.

Also, he says in the 4Gamer interview things like sales or ratings are not hurdles they set for themselves since it hurts production. They have a minimum baseline to cross and past that, whatever they want to create is given priority.

MadPanda

Banned
Please make Sekiro 2 and not another dark souls, although I expect it to be Elden Ring sequel considering its success.

RaZoR No1

I'm assuming the project that's in the final stage of development is the new rumored Armored Core? I mean, unless it isn't. But I remember there were quite a bit of leaks suggesting that it would be on its way.
I really hope, that we will get a new Armored Core soon.
Ideally just a next gen + PC version.
We already skipped a whole gen without Armored Core....

Tallahassee

WcZLglB.jpg

Cook that good shit!

Stolen from @Elder Legend

P4heWi4.jpg

SeraphJan

I know he doesn't like sequels, but it doesn't make sense to not make a Bloodborne 2 for how successful that game was.

YukiOnna

I know he doesn't like sequels, but it doesn't make sense to not make a Bloodborne 2 for how successful that game was.
He addresses this in the interview and a couple of times before that. He and the company have nothing against sequels, it's merely a matter of what is appropriate at the time and what they are in the mood to make. Armored Core is a long running franchise, for example. Also, I'm pretty sure they don't own the Bloodborne IP in its entirety.

Killer8

An Elden Ring 2 seems like a given after the success of the game. I don't see a new Souls, as Elden Ring is basically interchangeable with it to all but lore nerds.

I'd like to see them start branching out and returning to other properties like Armored Core.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
That was within the first year, we never heard updated numbers past 2015.

I think if they reached a milestone they were proud of, they would have announced it. Bloodborne just isn't that relevant. Especially considering Bloodborne II would likely be significantly more expensive to produce, they have to be relatively certain they can make adequate returns on it.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I think if they reached a milestone they were proud of, they would have announced it. Bloodborne just isn't that relevant. Especially considering Bloodborne II would likely be significantly more expensive to produce, they have to be relatively certain they can make adequate returns on it.
Hard to say, Days Gone never announced when they hit 5 million or 10. Sony sometimes just stays quiet.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Please do not reuse the same enemy types, it gets very old with the recycled enemies in ER.

Fredrik

That was within the first year, we never heard updated numbers past 2015.
Elden Ring sold 13 million copies within the first month.

They could still hook up with Sony for another Bloodborne but their multiplats has been more successful so I assume it would be a side project. Tbh, personally I think it’s more likely that Bluepoint are making it, it’s Sony’s IP and BP showed what they could do in Demon’s Souls Remake on PS5. I think we’ll get a BP Bloodborne Remake first and then we’ll get Bloodborne 2 if that sells well.

Fredrik

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls (Demon's Souls 2)
Dark Souls 2 (Demon's Souls 3)
Dark Souls 3 (Demon's Souls 4)
Bloodborne (Pretty much Demon's Souls)
Sekiro (Sorta like souls, but this is something with more originality)
Elden Ring (Demon's Souls 5)
Is this a Oblivion with guns joke about FROM’s games?
Sekiro - Demon’s Souls with swords
Elden Ring - Demon’s Souls with a horse

I don’t care, they can keep iterating on their old formula, I love the horse game 👌

DavidGzz

Hard to say, Days Gone never announced when they hit 5 million or 10. Sony sometimes just stays quiet.

So 2 million in a year vs. 13 in 2 months. Elden Ring 2, a multiplatform game would be way more lucrative for From Software. Also, don't they only make exclusives when Sony moneyhats them? I guess it would depend on if they did that as well. I'd take anything from From Software and loved Bloodborne but I'd rather a multiplatform game.

It would probably be a lot cheaper for Sony to fund a remake from Bluepoint or even a sequel plus a remaster of the first, so that's probably more likely.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
So 2 million in a year vs. 13 in 2 months. Elden Ring 2, a multiplatform game would be way more lucrative for From Software. Also, don't they only make exclusives when Sony moneyhats them? I guess it would depend on if they did that as well. I'd take anything from From Software and loved Bloodborne but I'd rather a multiplatform game.

It would probably be a lot cheaper for Sony to fund a remake from Bluepoint or even a sequel plus a remaster of the first, so that's probably more likely.
Why are you and Fredrik Fredrik wondering if their next title will be multi platform or not?

Last edited:

DragonNCM

That doesn't matter, the demand is there, not to mention most Playstation exclusives comes to PC sooner or later.
True but look at Elden ring, sold 12 million copies in a month on all platforms.
For exclusive that will be 2y ( & that is if game is like COD or GoW easy to play) or more in sales.

Fredrik

Why are you and Fredrik Fredrik wondering if their next title will be multi platform or not?
It’s a thread about FROM’s upcoming games and the talk was about how likely it is that they’re making Bloodborne 2, which would obviously be PS exclusive since Sony owns the IP. 🤷‍♂️

And you sold in the exclusive idea with the first game selling 2 millions within the first year and I said Elden Ring sold 13 million within the first month.

Financially it wouldn’t make sense for FROM to do a Bloodborne sequel. People want a PS5 game, which means the userbase is relatively small.
PR wise it could make sense though since the PS exclusives has no doubt helped increase the popularity of FROM as a dev and the Souls genre. They could do it as a side project, maybe collaborating with Bluepoint, I know Miyazaki was impressed by BP’s work on DS.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
It’s a thread about FROM’s upcoming games and the talk was about how likely it is that they’re making Bloodborne 2, which would obviously be PS exclusive since Sony owns the IP. 🤷‍♂️

And you sold in the exclusive idea with the first game selling 2 millions within the first year and I said Elden Ring sold 13 million within the first month.

Financially it wouldn’t make sense for FROM to do a Bloodborne sequel. People want a PS5 game, which means the userbase is relatively small.
PR wise it could make sense though since the PS exclusives has no doubt helped increase the popularity of FROM as a dev and the Souls genre. They could do it as a side project, maybe collaborating with Bluepoint.
I was just commenting that the numbers are heavily outdated, which is true. If Sony has a From exclusive coming it’s probably because of their recent partnership more than anything.

Fredrik

I was just commenting that the numbers are heavily outdated, which is true. If Sony has a From exclusive coming it’s probably because of their recent partnership more than anything.
Heavily outdated but games sell the most the first couple months, let’s day they’ve doubled it til 2022 and it’s still less than Sekiro sold within a year and probably less than Elden Ring sold in a day.

DavidGzz

For me it's because of mods on PC to be honest. The amount of extra hours I've gotten out of their games because of large mods is insane. They add so much life to the games once you get tired of the base games. I'd be playing Bloodborne to this day because I know the love for the game would have people creating all kinds of mods for it. Sony hasn't even put an effort to patch BB for PS4 Pro or PS5 so I have little faith they care enough to help fund a sequel. I'm here for it if it's in the works though.

Top Bottom