• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FSR 2.0 so far

This is a list of games with FSR 2.0 via devs or mods:

Cyberpunk 2077,
Deathloop,
Death Stranding,
Red Dead Redemption 2,
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy,
Metro Exodus: Enhanced Edition,
Dying Light 2,
Horizon Zero Dawn,
Control,
God Of War,
Farming Simulator 22.

Since my GPU is an RX 6800 XT I would like to know what games are going to receive this. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

The truth is AMD can't compete with Nvidia when it comes to marketing the FSR to DLSS. Even though I would love the FSR2 technology to be in more games. But I can already tell the majority of the games will only support DLSS.

Honestly, I do not care about ray tracing. but DLSS was the sole reason why I decided to go Nvidia over AMD. and it's the same reason why I will probably end up with 4080 or 4090 or whatever.

DLSS + AMD horrible software is the reason why I am at Nvidia's camp.

pqueue

S8Frdde.gif

AMD horrible software is the reason why I am at Nvidia's camp.

//DEVIL//

Say whatever you want. I had the 6900xt XFX merc black edition.

Stuttering in games like Cold War even at high frames. and the solution? you have to manually edit the ini file for the memory to 0.5 or 0.6 just to get it to work properly ( and even then it didn't work properly as it should be ). and this is because of the way AMD is handing its ram. they never even fixed it with a software update, yet Nvidia whenever there is a big or even semi-big release of a game, you get a software update to support these games properly.

AMD software sucks. period. high potential in terms of hardware.

Is kinda odd but my graphics card gets terrible fps on hitman 3 or control (even with FSR 2.0) but in other games like Red Dead Redemption 2 I can use this in 4k ALL settings Ultra and 60 fps without any drop.
Go figure...

Rayderism

FSR 2.0 seems like a match made in heaven for current gen consoles. Both XBOX and PS5 use AMD graphics, so they can't use DLSS, but they can use FSR to achieve more-or-less the same thing. Why wouldn't console devs automatically use it on consoles? I mean, better than nothing, right? Certainly better than checkerboard upscaling.

hlm666

Is kinda odd but my graphics card gets terrible fps on hitman 3 or control (even with FSR 2.0) but in other games like Red Dead Redemption 2 I can use this in 4k ALL settings Ultra and 60 fps without any drop.
Go figure...
2 of those have RT and 1 doesn't, i'm not sure if your using it but that would be a likely reason for AMD struggling in hitman 3 and control. IF you have those on that would be your problem.

FSR 2.0 seems like a match made in heaven for current gen consoles. Both XBOX and PS5 use AMD graphics, so they can't use DLSS, but they can use FSR to achieve more-or-less the same thing. Why wouldn't console devs automatically use it on consoles? I mean, better than nothing, right? Certainly better than checkerboard upscaling.

Consoles games have been using FSR 2 type scaling techniques for years, sometimes combined with checkerboarding. Its why your not seeing top tier consoles devs talking about this much, they have been doing it for years.

2 of those have RT and 1 doesn't, i'm not sure if your using it but that would be a likely reason for AMD struggling in hitman 3 and control. IF you have those on that would be your problem.

Consoles games have been using FSR 2 type scaling techniques for years, sometimes combined with checkerboarding. Its why your not seeing top tier consoles devs talking about this much, they have been doing it for years.
so...? dying light 2 runs at 60-80fps with FSR 2.0 quality all settings at max (including ray tracing) in 1440p. there is no excuse for hitman 3 and control running like shit.

Banned

FSR2.0 has some serious artifacts and many devs will decide against using it for better motion clarity.

Last edited:

hlm666

so...? dying light 2 runs at 60-80fps with FSR 2.0 quality all settings at max (including ray tracing) in 1440p. there is no excuse for hitman 3 and control running like shit.
Don't shoot the messenger, if turning RT off in hitman and control fixes your framerate it has to be those. What gpu are you using that framerate in DL2 on AMD with RT maxxed at 1080p (thats basically what your rendering with fsr quality on at 1440p) looks umm let just say impressive.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Barely any dev goes back to their already released games to add new tech, DLSS is also absent in titles where it wasn't available at launch. Give FSR more time, I'm pretty sure it'll start to become more and more present, especially given it's hardware-agnostic.

Top Bottom