• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck me, Fallout 76 is actually pretty good now

Shably

Neo Member
There's many many videos going into that same conclusion OP so yeah, it seems improved a lot. Might try it but now I'm in NEW VEGAS modded to hell and back.

This is more a wink at the Fallout 76 situation at launch but it made me laugh so much

This vid really got me 😂 love these guys.

Jakk

I don't get the praise it's suddenly getting - yeah, it's better than it was at launch, but that really isn't saying much.

The most ridiculous thing for me is that there isn't even any proper quest sharing. Why did they even make a multiplayer game when all the multiplayer elements are a barely functional afterthought.

chromhound

Hip Hop Dancing GIF

Filben

If you'd only really share the same persistent world with your buddies, without instanced quests, like in Wasteland 3 or BG3.

But having to repeat many quests just because each player has its own world status really brakes immersion and takes the fun out of cooperative play.

manfestival

Decided to give the game a go since I got that free code for it. However, man this game sure is ugly and it performs like doodoo. Still gonna put more time into it before I actually form an overall opinion

simpatico

Did they tweak the graphics at some point to give it a cartoony, almost cell shaded look? I don’t remember it at launch.

DeVeAn

I been playing for about a week. Started out really interesting as a new player. Still some fun to be had. Not sure I’ll finish the story because while they can be interesting, dialogue gets old and I start speeding through the conversations.

Biggest gripe is the Quests feel like fetch quests only real reward is the XP. In the games current state it’s got some fun to be had.

SHA

It's IGN and their make believe narrative, they never look back unfortunately. Hypothetically speaking that would translate to too late for this game unless they change who they are.

Well I’ve been playing for a couple hours and I’m already bored, so pretty good is entirely subjective.

Edit: I stuck with it and after the initial intro bits I’m enjoying it quite a bit, it does start off very slow though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom