• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funding Meow The Jewels (RTJ remix using just cat sounds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJT

Killer Mike and El-P are releasing the highly anticipated “Run The Jewels 2” on October 28 2014.They have offered The Meow The Jewels Package for $40,000. Run The Jewels will re-record RTJ2 using nothing but cat sounds for music. You are free to profit from this album in any way you see fit up to 100k in net global profit or 3 years (whichever comes first).CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

$40000-for Mike and El $2050-for Kickstarter Fees $2050-for Amazon fees $1000-for rewards/shipping

Oh and P.S. if this happens and we end up making 100k off of the project (who knows maybe 10,000 people will buy “MTJ” for 10 bucks each), A LARGE PORTION OF PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO THE FAMILIES OF THOSE WHO HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES TO POLICE BRUTALITY THIS YEAR AND A SMALLER PORTION WILL GOTO HELP NEGLECTED ANIMALS.

You got to love the Internet...

Kickstarter link ( you know you're gonna donate).

Meow if old.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
They need a stretch goal where they collaborate with Amy from Amy's Baking Company.

I imagine this'll be like that version of Jingle Bells with barking dogs where it's obviously barking samples, and there's nothing on the verses.

I just pledged ten bucks. I don't really care about the meow album, but I decided to back the project as a social experiment. The idea of launching a Kickstarter to acquire a top-tier reward from a different "campaign" is fascinating to me.

Okay okay, I totally care about the meow album.

RJT

Meanwhile, El-P and Killer Mike will be joined by Zola Jesus, Just Blaze, Baauer, Portishead's Geoff Barrow, the Alchemist, Boots, Dan the Automator, and many more artists in the quest to bring this absurd thing to life.

So awesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom