• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furai no Siren DS. Did you know is coming?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I just know that there's a Furai no Siren DS game on the works!

shiren_ds_main1000.jpg

For those who doesn't know about the series, they are the original IP of the famous Misterious Dungeon series that has been made under the Dragon Quest and Pokémon series.

The gameplay is fantastic we're the player has to check random generated dungeons seeking for materials needed to construct something. It's a turn based game we're when you move your character all the enemies move the same number of steps, wich makes the action pretty fun and tactic, we're you can use some types of magic and archaic weapons (swords, bow, grail, etc).

In the series, you grow up levels only after finishing the chapter's dungeons, which is a pretty particular thing being a sim dungeon rpg. So a new dungeon means level 0 again, and you are never confident about not having trouble advancing trought the dungeons.

The series are pretty storyline based, you ever have a thing to do and need a lot of things in order to do that, an every chapter is based on characters development. This is especial because all the setting is feudal japanese and there are a lot of god relations and there's a lot of references to japanese legends, ever show in a humorous form that make the game cute and funny to check.

Aaaaaaah, old school games should never die! and Furai no Siren development studio Chunsoft, responsible of Dragon Quest (1 to 7) and Homeland (plus others) know it!

As far as I know, this game will keep the classic style with all the classic caracteristics of the series, 2D graphics, and AMAZING soundtrack composed by Koiichi Sugiyama (Composer of Dragon Quest, responsible of the Game Music Concerts on the Super Nes era, etc), and a simple and funny gameplay.

To be released in december in Japan, the series as far as I know, had been never released outside Japan. Maybe this one? I hope!

res.jpg

tutorial_1.jpg

I think they're using the GBA code for the game. A lame that they didn't used the fantastic semi 3D engine of the N64 version!

tanasten

LegatoB said:
For the love of God, someone localize this. I need my roguelike action for DS.

Let's hope. Maybe this time we will get it, because there's Pokemon Misterious Dungeon coming, wich is the same formula, and if the formula works... :)

Let's hope!

Aeana

I remember hearing that this is just a port/enhancement of the Super Famicom game. Has there been any more said about it?

This, especially, looks just like the SFC game:
res.jpg

Even if it is just the SFC game, enhanced, I am sure dual screens will make it more fun than the original... although, why is the map on that screenshot? :( It should go to the second screen!

tanasten

Aeana said:
I remember hearing that this is just a port/enhancement of the Super Famicom game. Has there been any more said about it?

This, especially, looks just like the SFC game:
res.jpg

Even if it is just the SFC game, enhanced, I am sure dual screens will make it more fun than the original... although, why is the map on that screenshot? :( It should go to the second screen!

GBA engine am total. Black use for the second screen?

tanasten

Teasel said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115722&highlight=mysterious+dungeon
i already showed my love here ^_^ i'm trying to finish the huge 100 floor dungeon right now my record is floor 25... i would love to play this but i already know it will never come to the states unless an atlus miracle happen :(
why the second screen should be black when it's the perfect place to put the map and other info?

How is it in Pokemon Misterious Dungeon? anyone knows?

john tv

The series has come to the US a few times before. Torneko: The Last Hope, Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon, Nightmare of Druaga, Pokemon's Mystery Dungeon (or whatever it's called), etc. etc.

Furai no Shiren and Torneko no Daibouken are among the best.

ethelred

Aeana said:

I don't think they said it was a port/enhancement of the SNES game... just that they were basing it off the SNES game, which I took to be more of a stylistic thing than anything else (and indeed, it far more resembles the SNES game than the N64 3D, thankfully).

Teasel

john tv said:
The series has come to the US a few times before. Torneko: The Last Hope, Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon, Nightmare of Druaga, Pokemon's Mystery Dungeon (or whatever it's called), etc. etc.

Furai no Shiren and Torneko no Daibouken are among the best.
neither Nightmare of Druaga or Chocobos Mysterious Dungeon were developed by chunsoft as Nightmare of Druaga is an Arika game while Chocobo Mysterious Dungeon is a squaresoft game,this make it so the only true mysterious dungeon game we got until now is torneko the last hope
as for pokemon mysterious dungeon... the top screen is used to show the HP of your entire team,what they are equipped and their current orders
pokemon-mystery-dungeon-blue-rescue-team-20060823055650945.jpg

LegatoB

On a related note, anyone played the Japanese version of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? This thread inspired me to preorder the DS version today (gotta have my Roguelike fun), and I got this little promo book that mentions a lot of the game systems in vague terms but not much more. In particular, I'm curious how severe the penalties for dying are. I know they're not going to be as harsh as a normal Mysterious Dungeon game (it is Pokemon-branded, after all), but the promo book only mentions their existence.

Top Bottom