• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FYI - Street Fighter V Deluxe Edition $39.99 via PSN (S1 and 2 included)

hKCdvQi.jpg

Great time to jump in!

Traditionally $79.99 and it includes both Season 1 AND 2
(Season 1 on sale for $9 as well)

***please don't make this into a poop on SFV thread*** :)

I went ahead purchased. Already owned a physical copy but having a digital, easily accessible copy will certainly be mote pleasant. That and i hadn't jumped on any of the Season DLC characters yet

Keep the scene alive!

This bundle contains:

Game

Season 1 Season Pass
- 6 new characters (Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, Urien)
- Default colors 3-10 for the above characters
- Battle Costumes for the above characters
- Air Force Base Stage
- PS4 theme

Season 2 Character Pass
- 6 new characters (Akuma, Kolin and four others)
-- with the exception of Akuma, the remaining characters Kolin included, have never been playable in Street Fighter before or are completely new characters
- PS4 theme

So the default colors are a big deal because it's a pain in the ass to unlock them via survival mode. Unless you punish yourself with that grind (or were able to cheat via the early hacks last year), this is a welcome bonus.

Tizoc

To clarify it gives you both S1 and S2 characters along with base game for $40.
This lets you use up your FM to get the extra stages or alt. outfits.

Blackage

Pretty much how they should have launched Season 2 to begin with.

Now it'll release to next to no fanfare in the middle of season 2. -_-

Very good deal indeed

You can almost get 5 dlc character worth of fight money just buy clearing the solo content of the game too just so you know

airjoca

Great time to jump in!

Traditionally $79.99 and it includes both Season 1 AND 2
(Season 1 on sale for $9 as well)

***please don't make this into a poop on SFV thread*** :)

I went ahead purchased. Already owned a physical copy but having a digital, easily accessible copy will certainly be mote pleasant. That and i hadn't jumped on any of the Season DLC characters yet

Keep the scene alive!

Did the save work 100% going to digital? Was all progress kept? Story, trials, etc?

lupinko

This bundle contains:

Game
Season 1 Season Pass
- 6 new characters (Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, Urien)
- Air Force Base Stage
- PS4 theme
Season 2 Character Pass
- 6 new characters (Akuma, Kolin and four others)
-- with the exception of Akuma, the remaining characters Kolin included, have never been playable in Street Fighter before or are completely new characters
- PS4 theme

So the default colors are a big deal because it's a pain in the ass to unlock them via survival mode. Unless you punish yourself with that grind (or were able to cheat via the early hacks last year), this is a welcome bonus.

Edit:

Did the save work 100% going to digital? Was all progress kept? Story, trials, etc?

Yes, I went from $10 Amazon.com physical to $20 PSN sale version.

Very good deal indeed

You can almost get 5 dlc character worth of fight money just buy clearing the solo content of the game too just so you know

I set up a new account recently just to see how long it would take to unlock all 6 Season One characters and it took 11 hours and 23 minutes. You have to play through Normal Survival five times but apart from that (and some characters with trickier Trials) it's pretty straightforward.

Since this deluxe edition comes with 28 characters you'd earn 882,000FM just from their easier solo stuff (i.e. no Hard or Extreme Survival) plus an additional 80k from the General Story mode, so it's almost enough for 10 more DLC characters (they cost 100,000FM each).

Yeah, people still playing though and if they want to pick it up this is a good deal. Online is much better than SFIV too.

Yeah, it's much better than Street Fighter IV's input delay-based netcode for the majority of my matches. Plus being able to quickly rematch in sets of up to First to Ten Wins makes a huge difference.

The problems lie more around loading times still being long (which is why quick, load-free rematches are such a boon) and filtering online lobby searches to find strangers to play being pretty difficult.

They really ought to add that Arcade Mode, Online Training and rework some clumsy menus too. I've found the gameplay itself to be wonderful.

Season 2 for this game isn't offered separately as a discount so it's almost like early adopters are being punished. Basically, if you already own the game and payed for season 1, you still have to pay the full 30 dollars for season 2.

If you're a patient gamer and one of those people who would rather buy the complete edition, I would wait. This deal next year might be everything here plus 2018's season 3 for 40 dollars.

Season 2 for this game isn't offered separately as a discount so it's almost like early adopters are being punished.

If you're a patient gamer and one of those people who would rather buy the complete edition, I would wait. This deal next year might be everything here plus 2018's season 3 for 40 dollars.

True

I don't mind springing tho as I legit adore SFV (warts and all) and as I said, trying to show some support.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This deal is really really good. It'll give you so much Fight Money, you'll probably be good for years.

Steroyd

Season 2 for this game isn't offered separately as a discount so it's almost like early adopters are being punished. Basically, if you already own the game and payed for season 1, you still have to pay the full 30 dollars for season 2.

That's offset a fuck ton by not needing to pay a dime for season 2 to stay up to date if you bought the base model, you can still earn season 2 characters with in game currency earned through playing the game with the added bonus of picking and choosing which characters look the most interesting.

SFIV model was actually punishing early adopters because you HAD to buy the latest update just to play against the new characters irregardless if you wanted to play as them or not.

Tizoc

I own the US psn version of SFV but the DLC won't work if I play with my EU PSN, right?

tHIS HAS been the case for many games since the PS3 era.
If you have the US PSN ver. of a game you can only use US PSN DLC with it.

MrCarter

A fighting game is never "complete" until the last year of it's lifetime and considering SFV is around until 2020 at the earliest, I doubt many would want to wait that long. This is still a good deal as you get 2 seasons included plus enough FM to get you at least 8 DLC characters in the future.

Mieu

Just so you know FM is not that hard to earn but you have to work for it.

This is already a good deal

tHIS HAS been the case for many games since the PS3 era.
If you have the US PSN ver. of a game you can only use US PSN DLC with it.
I believe he's talking about sharing DLC, which is not possible for this game since only the account that owns the DLC can use it.

If you have a US copy and a US account owns the DLC, then your EU account won't be able to access the DLC because of CFN.

I own the US psn version of SFV but the DLC won't work if I play with my EU PSN, right?
Nope, only the account that owns the DLC can use it.

Kashiwaba

Yeah, people still playing though and if they want to pick it up this is a good deal. Online is much better than SFIV too.
Can't believe people actually think SFIV online was better!? There is no competition in SF4 most of my matches had some lag and sometimes it's like playing underwater while on SFV i can say at least 90% of my 3500 matches (not counting lounges) were lag free and very smooth. SFV problems are the long loading times and after matches servers errors when you get data wasn't received.

Exquisik

Am I missing something? I'm seeing $47.99 and even with PS Plus (10%), it's still $43.19. I'm not seeing $39.99 anywhere.

Docpan

Hey so is this game masher/beginner friendly like Mortal Kombat XL?

I'm basically just looking for a game I can turn on and play and spend no more than 10 to 20 seconds studying a skill screen.

I hear the single player is basically single round exceedingly short and easy matches and SFV is all about online. Can a masher have fun? If not I'm walkin outta here

groansey

I'm basically just looking for a game I can turn on and play and spend no more than 10 to 20 seconds studying a skill screen.

I hear the single player is basically single round exceedingly short and easy matches and SFV is all about online.

Can a masher have fun? If not I'm walkin outta here

Short answer as a fellow masher: No.

Dunkley

I hear the single player is basically single round exceedingly short and easy matches and SFV is all about online. Can a masher have fun? If not I'm walkin outta here

I'd say you're better off playing something else.

You'd probably get more enjoyment from something like MKXL tbh. King of Fighters XIV is also pretty decent in this regard.

Also Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is fantastic for just mucking about.

yurinka

Great news. Let's hope this discount becomes permanent soon and is applied to non-Plus & Steam users too.

MrCarter

For masher friendly games that doesn't require much thought and effort I think games like MKX, KI and Injustice are good. Also smash, if you have a Wii U.

You will always get a better deal if you wait. Some people prefer to actually, you know, be able to play it during all those years.

Slaythe

I believe he's talking about sharing DLC, which is not possible for this game since only the account that owns the DLC can use it.

If you have a US copy and a US account owns the DLC, then your EU account won't be able to access the DLC because of CFN.

Nope, only the account that owns the DLC can use it.

That is some top tier vomit.

Thank god I read this thread.

I got the US version but play on my EU account.

And I assume on top of that the dlcs are region locked too ? So basically people in my situation can't buy shit.

That is some top tier vomit.

Thank god I read this thread.

I got the US version but play on my EU account.

And I assume on top of that the dlcs are region locked too ? So basically people in my situation can't buy shit.

What's standard for all PS4 games is that the DLC needs to be the same region as the game. That is the one rule that's universally enforced.

Usually if an account owns a piece of DLC then every other account with access to the playstation can use it (assuming that it's the primary PS4).

In the case of SF5 and a few other games, the DLC check is done both through the PSN system AND the CFN system. If the DLC owner plays the game, the CFN will recognize that this person has bought DLC.

Someone who hasn't however, won't be able to use it since the CFN won't see any licenses.

Kaibutsu

So I own the physical version of Street Fighter V (Bought that stupid collector's edition at launch) and bought the season 1 character pass when it was released. I held off on buying the season 2 character pass cause I was waiting for a sale so when I saw that basically everything SFV was on sale this week I was pretty happy until I saw that it was everything but the fucking season 2 character pass; that is still $29.99 so instead of just buying that I bought the complete set for $39.99 even though I already had two out of the three things in it. I ultimately convinced myself I was basically spending the extra $10 for the convenience of having it digitally...

LaNaranja

Yup. I bought SFV at launch like a fucking chump and still haven't finished the story mode. I would say I am done with Capcom's bullshit but I am totally going to be there day one for Marvel 4. :/

Top Bottom