• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF as told in Rocky III gifs - the biggest comeback?

cormack12

Gold Member
It's been a couple years now since the great tantrum of 2017, and I think we can find a lot of parallels in Rocky III. There were were some very envy eyed trouble makers in the audience, just waiting for that opportunity, and cried themselves a chance at greatness. Manufactured an issue to put them in the limelight as the 'genuine' contender.

source.gif

They told lies about how we were alt-right, when in reality GAF was all like :messenger_heart::messenger_heart::messenger_heart:

tumblr_owa8dsXT0N1u2ragso6_500.gifv

Then the bomb went off. Evilore was like 'alert stations muthafucka's - I gotta get back to GAF, post haste. Come fellow mods and assist me!'

tumblr_owa8dsXT0N1u2ragso3_500.gifv

The site was getting DDOSed crazy by the internet liberal orcs

tenor.gif

And within 24 hours, the opportunists thought they'd nailed it and crowed about it to all the online outlets propaganda machines

AgitatedCourageousBuzzard-small.gif

But with learned humility and steadfast resilience, GAF stood strong and went toe to toe with these heathens. Eyeball to eyeball and said we won't be bullied by your social media bullshit

QKuaUt.gif

Still we were called out and tarnished with malicious bullshit in the hope we'd become a wasteland, but we all took every punch and every barbed fake comment intending to keep people away

MessyShorttermAcornweevil-size_restricted.gif

And then it fucking went and happened, we got up - together and started anew with all the poison and bullshit gone, and we started to land some pretty big hits back

200.gif

And we're going from strength to strength ready to land that knockout blow and come back from the dead

rocky521.gif

In this day and age, credit where its due. GAF is an amazing comeback story for a community and website when it's so easy to cancel anyone and everyone these days. Cancel culture does not respect your status or celebrity. Fucking love you GAF!!!!!

dolabla

Pretty damn wild and awesome to see. If you stuck around in the early days right after the great tantrum, you saw just how low the online user count was (under 100) and how crazy slow things were here. Now, as of right now, there are over 500+ users online with 3000+ total visitors.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
With the users lost in recent years maybe it reminds everyone quality over quantity.

cryptoadam

Banned
All though Evilore and his bank account probably wont agree with me, it was for the best. Imagine if that didn't happen, there would be no GAF, GAF would just be ERA.

All of your favourite (or hated depends where you stand) posters would of been perma banned a long time ago. Oh and of course not Butt/Tit/Asian thread. The horror, think of the children.

Now back to the mulitple poop threads, gotta find out how many people take giant elephant sized poops and use a knife to cut it.

What's that about alt right? Awkkkwarrd I'm not in the least bit right wing loll

... Actually feeling pretty right wing about the classy Japanese lady sitting nearby who seems to think loudly slurping her hot drink and hawking snot is a birthright~ might have to get apollo creed on her ass

trikster40

giphy.gif

That whole period was utter BS and propaganda to get people to join their new forum. Convenient that it was up and running within hours of the accusations.

Cancel culture finally worked: it made this place MUCH better!

See that extra in the crowd?

Thats ThatStupidLion ThatStupidLion

He, along with 99 other fellow countrymen in the crowd deserve an achievement for being part of the few who stuck around through The Great Tantrum of ‘17.

Essentially a preorder bonus for Neogaf 2.0

We had to walk 8 miles in the snow just to post in a new gaming thread. Food was rationed. Hope was a flicker of candle light. But we endured.

And now look at this utopia

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Rocky III in 2020? You must be a nazi OP. It clearly shows scenes where a white guy hits a black guy. Might well rename the movie to Hate Crime. The white guy winning at the end is clearly a dog whistle for white supremacy. Absolutely disgusting. Mods halp!

clarky

Gold Member
I've been lurking mostly for years, glad things seem to be on the up again.

The other place fucking sucks.

Top Bottom