• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Help me Plan my trip to Europe this January 2023!

ClosBSAS

GAF,
i need help planning my trip to europe this january.
I am going for 30 days, from the 1st to the 31st.
I am landing in London for 6 nights, Amsterdam 2 nights, Berlin 3 nights, Buudapest 3 nights, Spain 7 nightss and ending in Venice to go back to Buenos Aires the last week.

My question is, should i go by bus, train or plane? friend tell me trains suck cause you get robbed. They recommend buying airplane tickets in advanced. What do you suggest i do?

thank you!

London to Amsterdam is fine to train, but you’re talking like 7 hours Amsterdam to Berlin and 14 hours Berlin to Budapest. Unless you’re planning to at least stop off en route for a night these are going to be endurance runs for you. In terms of getting robbed I’m sure it happens but I’ve travelled across the continent a few times and never had or seen the problem. My journeys have never been more than 5 hours and I never slept on the train.

After Amsterdam, fly.

Last edited:
After Amsterdam, fly.
420-high.gif

FunkMiller

Major thing to bear in mind about travelling across Europe is that it takes much longer to go a shorter distance. My American and Australian friends are traumatised by how long it can take to just go from one city to another in the same country here. My advice would be if you want to spend more of your time sightseeing than you do sat on public transport, then go by plane.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Major thing to bear in mind about travelling across Europe is that it takes much longer to go a shorter distance. My American and Australian friends are traumatised by how long it can take to just go from one city to another in the same country here. My advice would be if you want to spend more of your time sightseeing than you do sat on public transport, then go by plane.
By car i suppose? Trains are reliable and fast in europe( but can be expensive).

train. flying is boring. you get much better views on a train i think. it's slower but more comfortable. more environmentally friendly too. plus you might get a ticket that lets you get off and on where you want along the route so if you want to walk about for a bit then get off and explore or just chill.

if you would rather just not fuck around, don't care about money or pollution then jump on a plane and just go straight to the next destination.

train is slower but i always travel by train if possible. once you land in london there is really no reason to fly again until you go home. you can drive or ride a train right across europe.

SJRB

Gold Member
Like funkygunther funkygunther said trains take forever even for shorter distances but you get the chance to see the countryside which might be worth it.

Just as a sidenote - traveling by train is quite safe in the Netherlands, you won't get robbed.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
If u dont mind flying its probably the quickest.

Ferry is a pretty cool way to get to france or Amsterdam, u can do overnight trips too. It can be like a mini titanic re-enactment for you 😆

Top Bottom