• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, what was the first concert you ever attended?

Pretty sure it was Faith No More in 1997 when I was 15.

Absolutely GOAT set list. Here is the gig:

Trying to think if anything beforehand

Last edited:

Amory

Funeral for a Friend, Senses Fail, and My Chemical Romance at Toad's Place in New Haven CT. Circa 2003

One of the better nights of my life for sure

2005.11.22-poster.jpg

Went to the Manchester Prodigy concert in 2005. I was in the upper seating areas and still found it extremely loud, but it was awesome on the night.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Marilyn Manson in 96 I think was the first real concert I went to. I think I was the only person there wearing blue jeans and a regular tshirt. Amazing concert though, L7 opened and those chicks fucking rocked.

Mr Hyde

Snoop Dogg in 98. He was rolling with his No Limit Crew at that time. It was a crazy concert. The whole arena was fuming with weed smoke.

Cyberpunkd

Probably a Polish band - Budka Suflera, Warsaw, late 1990s. Here, have a listen:

Pretty sure I will die listening to their songs, incredible zeitgeist.

Jennings

Depeche Mode at Dodger Stadium during their Violator tour. Wonderful concert, didn't know any of the songs because I bought the tickets without knowing who they were.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Eminem, with support from Cypress Hill and Xzibit.

Milton Keynes Bowl. 2003.

Never seen so many people in the UK smoking weed out in the open. The air was thick with it.

anthony2690

Banned
Mcfly, for some reason my secondary school (in Leicester) at the time, had loads of tickets and were giving them out free, so went Birmingham with some class mates and saw Mcfly.

The highlight was probably the support group the click five covering Tiffany's I think we're alone now tbh.

That being said we had some pretty damn cool local bands back then too! (What I would've saw prior, but they were not in a big concert venue)

Free Fall Felix (these guys even toured with Mad Caddies)

Switch NX

dem

KISS
The reunion tour in 97

Everything else has a hard time living up to that.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Whitney Houston, Exhibition Stadium, I think around 1985-87 when she was top of her game. Went with some family. Bad seats, we were pretty far.

Lunarorbit

Travis Scott live in concert (in Fortnite).

Jk. I can't remember. Either outkast or jurassic 5.
Edit: oh I saw puff daddy and the "family" after biggie died at Boston garden. Mace and eve were there too.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Would have been June during Expo 86 with Cliff but that show got cancelled. They still played a great show.

The crowd's "Die!" chant during Creeping Death was epic.

edit:just remembered the floor tearing seats out and throwing them over the barrier to make more room for a mosh pit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom