• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gal Gun: Double Peace launches this Summer, Limited ed. announced (Panties included)

Vlaphor

In case anyone else still curious as what the game has, here's the ESRB description and rating.

Rated M for Sexual Themes

ESRB said:
This is an adventure game in which players assume the role of a young boy named Hodai who has been shot by Cupid and must find his true love. Players move through levels, fend off female characters, and help several heroines through interactive scenes. These interactive scenes often depict female characters wearing revealing outfits (e.g., lingerie) in sexually suggestive positions (e.g., stuck in windows, arched on the ground, restrained by a tentacle monster). Players can activate a "Doki-Doki" mode, in which a 360-degree view of female characters is depicted; players attempt to bring characters (clothed) into a state of euphoria by using a cursor to click on various body parts (e.g., face, legs, chest). Sexual moaning sounds can sometimes be heard. The dialogue also contains sexual innuendo and provocative material (e.g., “Are you sure you can pull out in time?”; “Can you show me your boobs?"; “You're doing it so hard… I think I'm about to…”; “I'll rip your clothes off lustfully!”).

So yeah...kinda thinking about getting it, and I will make no excuses as to why. I am a perv, not just any perv in fact, perv-prime. I case the shadow of perv onto Plato's cave that the other pervs assume is the real deal, when in fact, the mere shadow of my perversity is all they can comprehend. So yeah, I may like this game.

Still couldn't stand the grind in DOAX3 though, despite the fact that I really wanted to.

I will definitely get this just for the novelty, even if it turns out to be a not very good game (I don't actually know)

Not the LE though, maybe once Rice puts leftover stock on clearance or something.

But yea all dates are placeholders, but looks like it shouldn't be too much longer.

Also just for the record, all Japan got for their LE was a cardboard slipcover for the game and 1 DLC costume. Different shops also had their own bonuses of course (mostly either a tapestry or more DLC), but nothing like what Rice is offering. It is a little on the pricey side, yeah, but I feel like it's well worth it. (To be fair, the soundtrack in the Rice LE was also sold here, but only separately, for like 4000 yen. ...I bought it.)

ohlawd

no point to the panties if they haven't been worn

they can't be legit panties anyway. a screen cleaner? seriously? I'd probably give them to my one true love tho

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I don't know why, but I thought this was a Parodius type shooter. Is it skill based, arcade style shooting? I don't want a perv game just to have a perv game - need some legitimately fun gameplay a la Senran Kagura to jump in.

no point to the panties if they haven't been worn

they can't be legit panties anyway. a screen cleaner? seriously? I'd probably give them to my one true love tho
I wonder what they're actually going to ship in the end. This looks like legit panties to me.

Ci0itZiWsAATcbT.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/IntiCreatesEN/status/733280478040629248

EDIT: SpeedBeatz too fast

shaowebb

So yeah...kinda thinking about getting it, and I will make no excuses as to why. I am a perv, not just any perv in fact, perv-prime. I case the shadow of perv onto Plato's cave that the other pervs assume is the real deal, when in fact, the mere shadow of my perversity is all they can comprehend. So yeah, I may like this game.

Still couldn't stand the grind in DOAX3 though, despite the fact that I really wanted to.

My God if ever there was call for giving a user a new tag under their name it is this post. Please someone up top tag this man for this post lol. Its glorious.

Has anyone's Mr. Happiness edition shipped? Mine hasn't yet; I tweeted Rice Digital but no reply, but the shop pages for it now list the release date as July 22 for the UK version and August 2 for the US version (which is what I ordered). Just seems weird that there's such a delay when the game itself is already out.

Edit: PQube seems to be saying all versions of the game were delayed: https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/752528282248175616
But people on GameFAQs already have it???
Game was released early/not delayed in Germany and France. UK and NA versions are affected by the delay

Interesting, I wonder what can cause a delay like that only in some regions (is the UK version somehow different from versions for other EU territories?).

It's not like I've got my panties in a bunch (ha) over having to wait, but I'm kind of surprised they didn't email people who preordered to let them know about the delay, at least.

Dragoshi1

Got my preorder in from Amazon, hoping it gets here by Tuesday.

Any impressions on the PS4 version yet? I played the JP demo, clearly not knowing what I was doing exactly, and I have the first Gal Gun, but through trial and error, only managed to beat one character's route.

I just checked out some gameplay videos that have been posted on YouTube, and it seems like they didn't (couldn't?) add translations for anything outside of UI elements and text during story scenes. There's a good chunk of dialogue during minigames and just regular gameplay that didn't have any textual representation in the Japanese version, and it all just goes unlocalized for the western release.
Example: all of the dialogue in this 4-minute minigame: https://youtu.be/dz4y5NSKGKg?t=804
Or this boss fight: https://youtu.be/grQMa77smT8?t=770
There are sequences like this spread throughout the game; a good chunk of the dialogue isn't exactly essential, but in the minigames it can help you figure out what you're supposed to be doing, and in the final Doki Doki Modes it can be at least a little relevant. I get that it would most likely require adding actual new functionality to the game (and therefore modifications to the actual code), rather than just replacing image and text files, and that might have been outside of the scope of the project, but it's fairly disappointing regardless.

That being said, if any of the localization devs are reading this, I'm still really glad the game got brought over at all, and especially love the extensive collector's edition considering the lackluster LE Japan got.

Dragoshi1

Got my copy, and it's so great to be able to understand everything now.

Made it past the first Shinobu minigame, and holy shit, the writing is fun.

Especially the choice part before the first Shinobu minigame. I picked the funniest answer and she somehow liked it.

Hahaha they kept the ridiculous price for the Pheromone Z DLC, ugh.

Also my shipment from Rice Digital got delayed, anyone else in that boat?

chrono01

I just received the Mr. Happiness (US) Edition in the mail, and I was surprised to see the OST not have plastic on it. Did anyone else (who ordered this edition) receive theirs yet, and if so, was your OST sealed?

I know, it seems something strange to ask, but I need to know.

I just received the Mr. Happiness (US) Edition in the mail, and I was surprised to see the OST not have plastic on it. Did anyone else (who ordered this edition) receive theirs yet, and if so, was your OST sealed?

I know, it seems something strange to ask, but I need to know.

Not sealed here either (and some light scuffing on the CD case, not a huge deal but yeah). I assume they just decided to save a bit of money not shrinkwrapping it?

chrono01

Not sealed here either (and some light scuffing on the CD case, not a huge deal but yeah). I assume they just decided to save a bit of money not shrinkwrapping it?
Okay, thanks for confirming!

Yeah, slightly saddened to see no shrinkwrap on it, but thankfully (from what I can see) there was no damage (especially considering how it bounced around in the box).

Top Bottom