• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GameBlog Rumor] - Developers disclosing problems with Xbox One drivers [Updated]

If they purposedly nerf the PS4 version, well, that's one less game to buy.
I wish I could just say "well, that's one less game to buy." but this is my favorite hobby, must not be yours or your just not into multiplatform titles. If that's the case then why post.
I'm only getting an XB1 at launch but my plans were to get a PS4 not too long after for the better looking multiplats. If this shit happens Ill be pissed. WTF MS you're ruining my gen.

Skeff

I can't fathom why Driveclub gets a pass for doing something that is not exactly "new" or The Order for their "artistic choices" of running at sub-HD resolution but Ryse does not? Both Driveclub and Ryse are launch games and any performance hits are expected so why try to excuse Driveclub for anything but it is a launch game?

Because no one has ever created a racing game with dynamic lighting and a large detailed world like Driveclub at 60fps on consoles, at least AFAIK.

I wish I could just say "well, that's one less game to buy." but this is my favorite hobby, must not be yours or your just not into multiplatform titles. If that's the case then why post.
I'm only getting an XB1 at launch but my plans were to get a PS4 not too long after for the better looking multiplats. If this shit happens Ill be pissed. WTF MS you're ruining my gen.

If you need the game but have to make a stand against a publisher you could buy used.

Replicant

Any company purposely downgrading PS4 version due to Xbone are going on my shit blacklist that EA and MS are currently enjoying. I will not purchase any goods from you and I will tell others to do the same. And we know how well that worked for Xbone.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I just found this thread through a link from N4G. I'm starting to get worried about this. When you read confident comments from Major nelson like 'The truth will come out' and then you get verification and after verification that the PS4 IS about 50% more powerful, you have to ask yourself why he can be so confident. I can only assume he's counting on third party games to prove him right, and that suggests he knows something we don't.

Can third party developers risk doing this for long though? How long can they hold back before Sony take an unassailable lead? I look at games like KSF, Resogun and Driveclub, and whilst they may not be pushing the tech quite as hard as coming games like The Order, I'm already seeing what I was hoping to see in next gen games (visually). I still think that ND have already given us a glimpse of what next gen 'should' be -- in terms of production value -- with TLOU.

Top Bottom