• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you inexplicably confuse the controls between

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
So I'm playing Final Fantasy XVI. For some God forsaken reason I keep pressing Phoenix Shift when I want to evade a big frontal attack, because Final Fantasy fucking XV has hammered warp striking into my head. It's awful and I hate it, like having two TLOU icons in my home menu.

What are some games that fuck you up because of muscle memory?

Kssio_Aug

Not inexplicably I think, because they share similar concepts. But I'm currently playing both Elden Ring and SW Jedi: Fallen Order, and I mix the controls all the time! It's fairly frustrating specially when I mess something in combat!

Frustrated Austin Powers GIF

Last edited:
Any Nintendo Switch game versus any other platform. Goddamn buttons are reversed.

Nintendo Switch 2 needs to reverse the A/B placement to be in line with Xbox and Playstation.
Agreed. I know it’s how they’ve had their button layout for 30 years, but something has to be done. It isn’t about the button names, it’s the usage. Every other console uses the lower button as the main button, but then Nintendo insists on the right button being the main.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Nintendo Switch 2 needs to reverse the A/B placement to be in line with Xbox and Playstation.

This would help humanity but I also don't mind that they don't change it. At least it keeps consistency across their own legacy systems. In Mario RPG remake it was perfect that the 4 buttons hadn't changed. Or just play the ROM of the original on Switch and the buttons match. All of the best-selling systems going back to SNES had it, and they were there first, so I respect that stubbornness lol

Top Bottom