• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games worth revisiting

Roni

Gold Member
As I grow older, I find myself hyped for fewer and more specific releases. That, however, doesn't necessarily mean I'm playing less: not chasing the latest, shiniest stuff has given me the time to sit down and thoroughly enjoy games I might have rushed through back when they came out and I was anticipating a lot more titles.

Recently, I have been replaying the Deus Ex series and noticed yet another game (Mankind Divided in this specific case; though Human Revolution's Director's Cut also fits the bill, in a way) that falls into an ever growing strange category: games that got much better after they were released and covered by the initial media blitz.

For those that don't remember, Mankind Divided was ripped for the DLC they offered before the game was even shown. I played it in 2016, but revisiting it now in 2023 has revealed a number of improvements that make it a much more robust experience.

As mentioned, this is not the first title I've noticed this happen: Final Fantasy XV, Witcher 3, No Man's Sky, Stardew Valley and I hear even Ghost Recon Breakpoint has been turned around after some patching.

What are some other games that have improved with time, GAF? Let me know, so I can check them out!

Kakax11

Banned
lost-odyssey-japan.jpg

small_law

Titanfall 2 with three bucks on steam today and I had only ever played it on consoles. Bought it and got halfway through the campaign wasting my entire Sunday.

I just love the way that game plays. The awesome level design is just icing on the cake.

John Bilbo

Max Payne series, Space Marine with increased FOV, Doom 3, Dragon's Dogma, Dead Rising, Resident Evil 4 (original), SteamWorld Dig 2

Exhumed/Powerslave

One of the most criminally overlooked games of all time and still the best FPS ever made with Mario IV like level design perfection and beating Metroid Prime years before that game even made it out.

AzpsLYo.jpg

Top Bottom