• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Gematsu] Bandai Namco announces TGS 2023 lineup, schedule

Bandai Namco has opened its Tokyo Game Show 2023 website and announced its lineup of games and live stream schedule for the event, which will run from September 21 to 24 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan.
■ Lineup
  • Blue Protocol (PC) – Stage
  • The Idolmaster Shiny Colors: Song for Prism (iOS, Android) – Stage
  • My Hero Ultra Rumble (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – Stage
  • SAND LAND (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, PC) – Playable, Stage
  • SD Gundam G Generation ETERNAL (iOS, Android) – Playable
  • Sword Art Online: Last Recollection (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, PC) – Stage
  • SYNDUALITY: Echo of Ada (PS5, Xbox Series, PC) – Playable, Stage
  • Tales of Arise (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, PC) – Online
  • Tekken 8 (PS5, Xbox Series, PC) – Playable, Stage
More details including the full schedule at:

Sand Land looked a little rough from the build footage I saw about a month ago, but I’m looking forward to seeing what more there is to it. It seems like a unique concept with potential.

Synduality should hopefully be pushed back to 2024. 2023 will be a death sentence for that game if they announce a date for this year. It also looks fun and unique, but it gives me the feeling of a game that will bomb on release and be appreciated way too late(years later) due to Namco not paying attention to their competitors.

AncientOrigin AncientOrigin they literally just released a super polished, very fun Gundam Overwatch-style game not long ago and they just announced a server shutdown for it, literally moments before the avalanche of bad news for Overwatch 2 happened. It’s such bad timing that all one can do is shake their head at it.

They are most likely using this mobile game as a break so they can re-think of what to do for the bigger team. I know that must have been soul-crushing for them because they had a potential hit on their hands, but it just needed a little extra push for success.

supernova8

Banned
Got my ticket for TGS, looking forward to playing Tekken 8 with my friend so that I can avoid getting absolutely destroyed by some smelly Japanese otaku (yeah they were smelly as fuck last year) providing the lines aren't enormous (who am I kidding, they will be humongous).

NanaMiku

Sad no new Ace Combat

Ace-Combat-New-Project_08-18-21-768x432.jpg

Tales of Arise is two years at that point...
Yeah, it's an anniversary stream. Here's the full info:

• September 23, 21:15 – Tales of Arise 2nd Anniversary Special Live StreamTales of Arise, which launched on September 9, 2021, has reached its second anniversary. This live stream will look back on on the past two years with the cast, as well as introduce the latest information on the Tales of series. Featuring Takuya Satou (Alphen voice actor), Shino Shimoji (Shionne voice actor), and Yusuke Tomizawa (Bandai Namco Entertainment producer).

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Sand Land is the only title I am interested in.

Blue Protocol will be anouther Exo Primal, not even the anime aesthetic can save it from a localisation team that's so afraid of what it's doing they can't specify exactly what they are censoring now and what they will be forced to censor in the future. Who are they trying to market the game towards? The CoD playerbase?

Last edited:

Utamaru1706

Neo Member
Oof, Bamco only brought that SD Gundam mobile game to the TGS, while the EXVS series is nowhere in sight.

I guess they were banking on Synduality for their new mech franchise, since it's a multi-media franchise from anime, manga, light novel, and game...

Fbh

Very meh list.
But I'm interested in finding out more about Sandland

Bandai could do so much with the Gundam brand.RPGs, side scrolling games like contra, tower defense games, strategy games.I am talking about console games not Mobil games.So much unused potential.

Yup. Gundam has so much potential but they never do much with it.
Maybe the success of Armored Core will motivate them to do more.

NanaMiku

Sand Land and Synduality; straight into my veins!!!

If anybody interested with Synduality, there's an anime of it that currently streaming on Disney+ called Synduality Noir. The anime take place 20 years after the game.

At least we know AC8 is still being made. After Assault Horizon I thought the series was dead for good.
Yeah, AC7 was a massive hit, the best seller in the series.

If anybody interested with Synduality, there's an anime of it that currently streaming on Disney+ called Synduality Noir. The anime take place 20 years after the game.

Holy smokes!!!! Thanks for this!

Yeah, AC7 was a massive hit, the best seller in the series.

AC7 was fucking GOAT!!!!

I bought the shit out of every piece of DLC they released just to support the game. One of my favorite games of all time. I fucking love the arcadey dogfighting flight simulator genre, and AC's blend of real planes with sci-fi story elements is sooooooooo good!

Last edited:

kiphalfton

No new Dragon Ball Z game? Not even BT4? Amazing.

I guess you can only tell the same story so many dozens of times.

Seriously though, they need to drop DBZ (not that I don't love it, but the games always suck), and focus on Dragon Ball.

Sad that they shutting down Gundam E down. Fun game to play. I believe it better than overwatch. But that’s me. Plus I love Gundam. So that helps. I would like for them to make rpg Gundam games and like, idk hell a story Gundam game. Can be it own story. I would love the crap out of it. Have it kinda play like zone of Enders or heck even armor core style.

Codes 208

No new Dragon Ball Z game? Not even BT4? Amazing.

I guess you can only tell the same story so many dozens of times.

Seriously though, they need to drop DBZ (not that I don't love it, but the games always suck), and focus on Dragon Ball.
why would they announce another new dbz game right after already announcing BT4 earlier this year and just a year after breakers released?

On top of which they just released the 23rd World martial arts tournament saga for kakarot (which if you really want DB content, thats the closest youre ever going to get. DB doesnt sell as well as dbz/dbgt/dbs and bandai knows it)

Top Bottom