• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Harrison Interview

BillYen

"What else can we expect from the Wii online over the next few months?

New content, promotional downloads, micro transactions, new games, new levels for your existing games. There's no subscription fee for online, you'll be able to purchase virtual console games, based on points, and $5 for NES, $8 for Super Nintendo, and $10 for N64 games. "

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2060981,00.asp

dreamkats

vieillard.JPG

amirite?

Zep

Banned
Smash Brothers will be one of the first, and maybe the best game ever for online head-to-head competition. Metroid and Mario (Galaxy) will be next year. This year it is licensees. We have thirty titles from licensees, but the only exclusive one is Red Steel from Ubisoft. We have Madden and Tony Hawk. We want to increase our share of the Madden franchise.

Glad thats confirmed!

Firestorm

DaddyZ said:
Smash Brothers will be one of the first, and maybe the best game ever for online head-to-head competition. Metroid and Mario (Galaxy) will be next year. This year it is licensees. We have thirty titles from licensees, but the only exclusive one is Red Steel from Ubisoft. We have Madden and Tony Hawk. We want to increase our share of the Madden franchise.

Glad thats confirmed!

Confirmed by Harrison? Yeah. Sure.
It's not confirmed 'til I hear it out of Sakurai.

Defcon said:
Micro transactions on the Wii too? Ugh.

I'm not as bothered by microtransactions as some are. As long as it feels like you've gotten a full game for your initial purchase then I don't see it being a bad thing that you can pay a couple dollars more and get a dungeon or something else added to the game.

Xdrive05

So then can Wii Channels be added to the Wii? It looks like there's a lot of extra slots for adding channels (entire new features) for the future. They can do that right?

wsippel

Banned
Xdrive05 said:
So then can Wii Channels be added to the Wii? It looks like there's a lot of extra slots for adding channels (entire new features) for the future. They can do that right?
Yes they can. And they probably will.

Top Bottom