• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Year 1 Pass content and various game editions detailed

Mista

Banned
breakpoint-compare-1152x642.jpg

The Year 1 Pass will feature two new adventures on the island of Auroa. These are called Deep State and Transcendence, and an additional mission at launch, Siren’s Call, will be available as well.

It also comes with one-week early access to three new character classes, which will be released throughout the year, and the Special Operations Forces Pack. This includes the Quiet DMR, Covered ACH, Crye G3 Combat Pants, and Cross Draw Vest.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint Editions, Content

Standard Edition

• Ghost Recon Breakpoint base game
  • Guaranteed access to the Beta

Gold Edition

Ghost Recon Breakpoint base game
  • Three-day early access beginning October 1, 2019
  • The Year 1 Pass
Ultimate Edition
  • The Year 1 Pass
  • A bonus mission
  • Additional in-game items including the Trail TX motorbike, the Spider buggy, and the Survivor Pack
Collector’s Edition
  • The Year 1 Pass
  • A bonus mission
  • Additional in-game items including the Trail TX motorbike, the Spider buggy, and the Survivor Pack
  • Exclusive Steelbook
  • Soundtrack with a selection of music from the game
  • Confidential File with three lithographs
  • Cole D. Walker figurine (24 cm. high)
  • Walker’s Dog Tag
  • Waterproof map

Mista

Banned
Wallet Breakingpoint?

👀
Year by year we get many extra editions with different release dates.

Hey! The game is coming out on October 4 but here’s this super combo chicken edition, if you buy it, you’ll be able to play on October 1!!!

Last edited:

bucyou

Pardon my ignorance, but this is a stand alone game that is NOT wildlands, right? Just want to make sure its not some reskinned bullshit like they pulled with farcry 5 and new dawn

Mista

Banned
Pardon my ignorance, but this is a stand alone game that is NOT wildlands, right? Just want to make sure its not some reskinned bullshit like they pulled with farcry 5 and new dawn
Correct. It’s still reskinned though
Look at the gameplay playthrough

Ownage

Wildlands gave me hundreds of hours of lulz. On rare occasions such as this, I have no issue buying digital Ultimate. Am simply supporting what brings me joy and ownage.

HoldTheAir

I'm tired of all this "Season Pass" BS. But they will continue to shove it down our throats as long as people buy it.

Elcid

Banned
I don't get the point of these games having sequels. Destiny, Division, Ghost Recon, just make it into a service game like R6, SFV, or hell even Monster Hunter World now and keep it going every year with new content and updates. If this was just an expansion I'd be down, but don't feel like getting into this now.

I don't get the point of these games having sequels. Destiny, Division, Ghost Recon, just make it into a service game like R6, SFV, or hell even Monster Hunter World now and keep it going every year with new content and updates. If this was just an expansion I'd be down, but don't feel like getting into this now.
Wildlands got quite a bit of post launch content, tons of new items and free missions.

Elcid

Banned
Wildlands got quite a bit of post launch content, tons of new items and free missions.
That's fine, but just do a year 2. Why a brand new game? You know they're likely reusing most of the assets and engine anyways, it's fucking Ubisoft. They're notorious for that shit.

I got the Division 2 gold edition and I stopped playing it so I realize for me there is no point in buying these special editions when I won't even play it for that long

KonradLaw

The always online requirement suggest this will be fully multiplayer focused,. the way Wildlands was. Shame, I was hoping it would end up great in SP, like other Ubi series are.

Ownage

The always online requirement suggest this will be fully multiplayer focused,. the way Wildlands was. Shame, I was hoping it would end up great in SP, like other Ubi series are.
You can play Wildlands alone. The bots for your teammates were pretty responsive. I had equal fun with them as with friends playing the game again later. Completely different game feel.

RaptorGTA

You can play Wildlands alone. The bots for your teammates were pretty responsive. I had equal fun with them as with friends playing the game again later. Completely different game feel.

I got wildlands for free with Division2..been wanting to try it out but didn't know how it played solo. Good to hear it's playable.

Ownage

I got wildlands for free with Division2..been wanting to try it out but didn't know how it played solo. Good to hear it's playable.
Its my alone time therapy. The bots have excellent wit and banter and bring a presence to the story. Feels like watching a season of Strike Back.

Yea, it's an excellent game to play alone. I own PC and PS4 copies, all dlc. Former is for me, latter is for my friends and I.

You will find a lot of US military play Wildlands. They roll hardcore.

Bryank75

Banned
You’re a sucker for a well made figures too?
I do, I have a huge Predator, a Vergil statue, Kotobyuika Vader and loads of others but they mainly stay in a press now. I am adulting most of the time... I need a place to put them, a den or something.

Ozrimandias

It would be awesome (and ubi has done that twice) that with the deluxe edition, you could also purchase Future Soldier Remastered, or another Tom Clancy game from the past generation.

Zoanoid33

What wasted potential. Ubi could of had amazing multiplayer akin to the old Socom series but of course they have no clue how to incorporate pvp into any of their games...such a damn shame, all you need is 8v8

Digity

Its my alone time therapy. The bots have excellent wit and banter and bring a presence to the story. Feels like watching a season of Strike Back.

Yea, it's an excellent game to play alone. I own PC and PS4 copies, all dlc. Former is for me, latter is for my friends and I.

You will find a lot of US military play Wildlands. They roll hardcore.

What a waste lol.

Thabass

Game looks pretty good. I love the new systems in place and looks a lot like MGS3 in a lot of respects.

Mista

Banned
Game looks pretty good. I love the new systems in place and looks a lot like MGS3 in a lot of respects.
It’s looks good but Ubisoft are overlooking a lot of things that would make the game even better. They. Never. Learn..

Ballthyrm

Make it Ghost Recon again.
Who gets to define what Ghost Recon is ?

Wildland sold the most of the franchise apparently. So why should the most recent fans be wrong.
I really don't see a old tactical shooter selling very well theses days.

It is up there with hardcore flight simulators, a small niche game catering to a small numbers of players.

If they are doing what they are doing, it is safe to assume they have the numbers to back it up.
They have seen how the players reacted to wildlands and fixed what they saw.

It’s looks good but Ubisoft are overlooking a lot of things that would make the game even better. They. Never. Learn..
Maybe you apply for a Job at Ubi Paris and fix it by yourself, as the pro game designer you are.

ookami

I'll do what I just did with Wildlands. Wait for two years and get the ultimate edition with year one and two for 30 bucks.

Top Bottom