• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Wildlands - Xbox One X Enhanced

Space_nut

Arcticle
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/11/27/inside-xbox-one-x-enhanced-ghost-recon-wildlands/

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a61oA3_NZcA

What specifically is your development team doing to enhance Ghost Recon Wildlands for Xbox One X?

We are very excited by the work done by the team to enhance Ghost Recon Wildlands for Xbox One X. The game will feature improved draw distances, better terrain representation through improved tessellation, as well as a beautiful higher resolution and full HDR support.

How do these enhancements impact the gaming experience?

Players will feel like Bolivia has never been more realistic. The improved terrain tessellation provides new levels of immersion, while the improved draw distance will allow players to admire even better vistas in the massive open world of the game.

Why did your development team choose to focus on these enhancement areas?

We are very proud of the technical achievement we reached with Ghost Recon Wildlands on the Xbox One X: being able to evolve in a massive and dangerous open world, with amazing vistas and incredible ranges of engagement allows players to truly express themselves. Sniper, assault, stealth, recon: all playstyles are welcome (and encouraged!)

How do you expect fans of Ghost Recon Wildlands will respond to seeing/playing it on Xbox One X with these enhancements?

We hope fans will enjoy discovering a Bolivia that is as beautiful as it has ever been, and that new people will join our amazing community, both through the main campaign of the game and through our new PVP mode, Ghost War.

How has the process been to get the game up and running on Xbox One X?

Working on the Xbox One X allowed us to improve several key aspects of the visuals of the game, and it was an exciting prospect from the get-go. Working with Microsoft ensured that we were able to make the most of this new power at our disposal.

What enhancement were you most excited about to explore leveraging for Ghost Recon Wildlands on Xbox One X?

The enhanced draw distance and improved resolution truly bring the immersion of the player in our open world to the next level.

What does 4K and HDR mean for your game, games in the future and development at your studio?

Ghost Recon Wildlands features a massive open world in which you can experience beautiful vistas, dynamic lighting, a day and night cycle and a full weather system. Being able to showcase the incredible lights of the sun peeking through the clouds in HDR and high resolution is a great experience that we hope our fans will enjoy!

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/11...ed-ghost-recon-wildlands/#7xGEywJwWVGKYuCj.99

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Very nice, is this already live or coming soon? I read the article but couldn’t tell unless I missed it.

Very nice, is this already live or coming soon? I read the article but couldn't tell unless I missed it.

I thought for sure it was out except maybe HDR. I mean we were posting these at X launch:

38390697961_fcbdce9a26_o.png

38335666176_ffd26f7eb1_o.png

It's gorgeous on the X.

Malcolm9

I've been tempted to pick it up but with my current backlog it's not a great idea! Nice upgrade on the X though.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I've been tempted to pick it up but with my current backlog it's not a great idea! Nice upgrade on the X though.
It's one of the best co op games I've played in years, but I even have fun with it solo. Next time it had a significant sale, I suggest jumping on it.

Malcolm9

It's one of the best co op games I've played in years, but I even have fun with it solo. Next time it had a significant sale, I suggest jumping on it.

Yeah I might just do that. I played alot of The Division last year with a few mates, so hopefully I can convince them to check this out.

I enjoyed my time with the demo/trial aswell.

Gamerman1

I am playing it on Ps4Pro and its hard to tell he differences compared to X1X. Especially at normal viewing distances.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
The base game is on sale right now at Amazon for 19.99. Good timing...

Dabanton

Was playing this on the Xbox One and stopped halfway through when I heard it was going to get enhanced.

Glad I waited game is gorgeous on the X1X.

Scanna

I think people don't give credits to the graphics in this game enough. I mean, yes, the resolution was a issue, but this has one of the most "realistic" lighting engines around.
The world really feels believable and real.

Unity2012

Same here. I've had a great time playing Wildlands solo or with friends. The new Ghost war mode and the Fallen Ghost DLC just added more value and fun to the whole package; and, with the X upgrade looks fantastic.

Definitely worth checking out.

Ubername

Banned
In other words, it's an open world game: If you don't get hooked by the world and/or characters, it's exactly like that.

You do the same 3 or 4 tasks hundreds of times but shooting is fun enough to where you don't care. There are a fuck ton of guns and the bullet physics aren't completely terrible but leave much to be desired (wind, rounds not disappearing after ~400m)

There are enough different guns though that you can have a fine time playing with them all. A few of them feel samey but for the most part the guns fill specific niches and you're always thinking how good it would be to use X gun in this scenario, so you pause and do it up and it's cool. The interface for changing guns is good too it's a little clunkey at first but you can re-equip in like 5-15s if you know what you want, so it doesn't interrupt gameplay enough to make you really hate it.

For me at least it's a lot like MGS V in that regard. Sure, it could be repetitive in the sense that you mostly follow 2-3 gameplay loops, and you can basically do everything with the exact same silenced sniper rifle approach.

But also similar to MGS V, there are a tonne of different ways to do things. I think I'm up to 500 hours now in MGS V and GR WL must be close to 200, and sure I mostly do the same 'travel, scout, plan my approach, execute' gameplay loop over and over, but every single time it's unique enough because of the different plans or tools I use that I keep coming back to do it again.

Most every open world game can feel repetitive if you simplify the gameplay loop into the exact same lowest resistance method that let's you 'ding' mini-map ?s and !s faster. GR WL excels though, at least above average, it allowing players -- and it's totally fine if not everyone cares; there's no wrong way to play -- a pretty great variety of weapons and tools to take on bases differently.

Not quite MGS V levels of gameplay tools but in makes up for it in most thematic variety (it's pretty fun crafting different loadouts/outfits for each target/climate) and the weaker set of tools/AI is made up by the randomness that co-op inject into it. Inferior control and gunplay but superior world design.

Not just beautiful world design ('verticality' and flora) but also a more believable economic world but also more logistically believable. By which I mean, logistically but in the static sense of world design/NPC placement within it. Not logistics responses: the AI is dumb as rocks and MGS V has far superior enemy response/reinforce system.

I sort of approach both GR WL and MGS V more like a sort of ARMA 2 or Operation Flashpoint than a Assassin's Creed or Witcher 3. It's a poor mission and progression game, but a great open battlefield 'outpost scout, approach, assault' game.

Top Bottom