• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gibson vs. Epiphone guitars

Status
Not open for further replies.

thom

I'm toying with the idea of picking up an Epiphone Les Paul Custom because I love the

sound of my friends Gibson LPC.

In all honesty (begging for honesty here) is there really a huge difference between these

two guitars? besides the considerable price difference and the obvious badging is there

anything really lost in quality of the Epiphone version of this guitar?

Thanks.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wood quality and pickups. If you buy the most expensive Epiphone LP and fit it with a pair of Alnicos (pickups), you've essentially got yourself a low-end Gibson. Epiphone's are still great guitars to play on. You'll just find them to be slightly heavier than a real Gibson and not as toney.

Takuan

By most accounts, the only Epiphones worth a shit are from the Japan-made Elitist series. They run about a grand, I think. As always, the best thing to do is to go into a shop and try guitars from both manufacturers and judge for yourself.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
besides what everyone else has mentioned, the sustain w/ tone on a gibson rapes anything you'll ever get out of an epiphone. i guess that's result of the quality of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom