• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Give Me Some Good Old School Nintendo Websites :)

GDGF

Soothsayer
It's a lazy sunday and I need something to do. Figured I might as well wrap myself in a warm blanket of Nintendo related nostalgia. Would you kindly give me the url's to a few old school (old 8 bit and 16 bit stuff) Nintendo websites?

Thanky.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I like www.nesfiles.com

I wish someone would make a SNES files too. I'm about to join NES files and add about 10 games they don't have on their list and try to get some rare games through them. They have info, instruction booklets, ROM's (8-bit is legal now right?), cover art and actual scans of the carts...it's pretty cool! It's neat to have a collection of just fans gather & give info on this classic NES stuff...every system should have similar easy to find/navigate site.

belgurdo

Banned
8-bit copyrights are still in effect (75 yrs+life of creator, yo), but it's nice to see a game site with comprehensive information

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Oopps, sorry. Funny thing is, I got that link here at GAF though. Anyways...you have to pay to become a member, so it's not like that. Anyways, there's lot's of other stuff there besides that.

Like they had the cover art for this CAPCOM game there for the NES called Section Z. The art looks almost like Bubblegum Crisis (a favorite Japanese anime of mine) and this is something I never knew about until I went there. There is a couple of games like that where they changed the names or the art, but were obviously based in one part or another on anime licences. Then there was also alot of Sammy America games listed (so you can almost like get a bit of a history lesson there) and even like rare illegal games like on those Tengen & Wisdom Tree carts...pretty cool stuff if you ask me.

Top Bottom