• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gmail = 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
My space didn't stop to increased since 6~8 days ago. I got 1644 MB now. It seems they are aiming for 2 GB. In the new features section, there's this:

G is for growth
Storage is an important part of email, but that doesn't mean you should have to worry about it. To celebrate our one-year birthday, we're giving everyone one more gigabyte. But why stop the party there? Our plan is to continue growing your storage beyond 2GBs by giving you more space as we are able. We know that email will only become more important in people's lives, and we want Gmail to keep up with our users and their needs. From Gmail, you can expect more.

What to do with all this space? Dosn't it cost a lot of money to serve 2GB by accounts? Why they(Google) don't use all that space for personal blogging? Goddanm!! Well, do I'm a rare execption with the changes or it's the same for ever one? (I don't see Yahoo/Hotmail Plus! in the business anymore now. Upgrading to 3GB+ makes no sense)

I usually don't rag on people's posts, but damn dude... wth. That paragraph spins me in circles. lol Yes, they are siming for 2 Gig, but wgaf if attachments are still capped at 10 meg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom