• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godfall First Boss Fight, PS5 NXGen Gameplay, Dual-swords, 4K Footage. FIRE!!!!!!!!

thelastword

Banned
Have been a fan of Godfall from day 1....Some people felt I was only praising it because it's on PS5, but in truth, I love this genre.....It's great to see many more are warming up to it.....Great graphics, interesting designs, nice gameplay loop.....Should easily have a following...

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I am really liking this, I do have it preorder because I like what I see. Rewatching again on the TV and love the art style and gameplay but confused(mainly need to read up on it more) of the online aspect will it be similar to destiny with live events, dungeons , raids with built in matchmaking?

anaphase

Not gonna lie, this looks good. Next gen for sure.

But fuck me if this isn't the most boring game/gameplay I've ever seen.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
I'm guessing you haven't played against any of the shielded enemies in Avengers? Plenty of spongey enemies in Avengers as well with lots of trash that you can destroy quite easily. I'm sure they'll have a similar mix here. Avengers does have very unique combat for each character which is nice. Godfall seems more like Dark Souls. Based on the footage here, the different armor people do have personalities, but since we can't see their faces that will be limited for sure. If I'm talking objectively though, Godfall will review better if it does the things I said before, so decently polished, and a good amount of content, and it should have higher reviews than Avengers.

People didn't like Avengers becasue of GaaS. I'm judging the game based on the SP campaign and the awesome heroes that we never would have gotten to play if they didn't make it in this game. I love how they implemented each of the heroes. While the guards may be somewhat spongey, they don't look to be as bad as Godfall. And Avengers (at least on PC) looks way better than Godfall. I can't concentrate on any of the gameplay because of the blown out saturated lighting overcoming the entire scene presentation.

MastaKiiLA

My interest continues to grow for this game, but I feel like Debbie Downer everytime I ask about co-op. It's totally supposed to be a thing...I swear.

Specifically, it is now confirmed that Godfall can be played alone or "with anyone at any time." This suggests that there will be no restrictions on when co-op play is available in Godfall, though there is one known limitation: party sizes cannot exceed three players. While this may seem small to some fans, it is not far off from what is supported in several other popular looters, with co-op in Borderlands 3 capped at four players as an example, and it is thus not extremely surprising.

Additionally, Gearbox states that the enemies in Godfall have "been designed from the ground up with co-op in mind." One way that this will manifest is in the enemies' abilities, which will "counter multiple combatants attacking from different angles." Presumably, these enemies will simply not employ their multiplayer-targeting abilities when approached by a single player, but little has been said of solo play in Godfall at this time aside from the aforementioned indication that it is indeed possible.

thelastword

Banned
This game is the next Ryse, a highly polished turd.
This is a 60fps game with a campaign, online coop and missions, loot, item and resource management. Ryse was simply a kinect game for OG XBOX upgraded to a normal controller based third person game.....I liked Ryse since I love the genre, but it was a 30fps launch game with dips to the teens. I think Godfall reveals a much more indepth gameplay experience with quite a few more modes and options to play. You also have much more variety in enemies and bosses and of course customization and pick of your character......It's a more impressive accomplishment to be sure...
Dirt 5 on the XSX was a dynamic 4k screen tearing and geometry/texture pop in and LOD transitions showcase...

and Godfall seems plagued by a fluctuating framerate and some texture pop in like the giant rotating cube during the cutscene after the floor collapses.

Today wasn't a good day for next gen consoles showcase....
I saw some slowdown when all the crystals was on the ground after defeating enemies....I guess all that alpha at 4K resolution is a toll order, similar to how doom 2016 slowed down during the glory kills....Hopefully they can optimize that a bit, but during regular combat the framerate is pretty good. The graphics are bonkers though, texture work and AF is top notch, AA is very good...Reflections is way out the stratosphere, they are definitely pushing the next gen bells and whistles here....

llien

In my humble opinion:

1) No ranged attack (meh)
2) Looks so pale compared to GoW (2018)
3) Visuals look good

Overall very weak for an exclusive.

And someone said always online?
Did they not learn from Microsoft fuckup???

RT Reflections in the floor?
I can't help, but chuckle that we need to ask if RT was or was not used, technology is THAT groundbreaking.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

In my humble opinion:

3) Visuals look good

I can't help, but chuckle that we need to ask if RT was or was not used, technology is THAT groundbreaking.
There are projectile attacks. Shield throw for sure, and I believe I've seen the spear tossed in other videos. The sword might also be throwable. The spear and hammer almost certainly have ranged melee attacks. I wouldn't gauge the combat system by the limited playtime seen so far. The video in this thread had the best player so far, but it's still a relatively short session.

GymWolf

There is some gameplay of Scorn out there if you care to search. It didn't look as good as the cutscenes they showed.
The only skorn gameplay i saw was just the guy realoading that penis pistol he has :ROFLMAO:
I'm gonna search better.

Last edited:

martino

In my humble opinion:

3) Visuals look good

this moment to moment firework more pale than ashe guy ?
come on ! /jk

This is a 60fps game with a campaign, online coop and missions, loot, item and resource management. Ryse was simply a kinect game for OG XBOX upgraded to a normal controller based third person game.....I liked Ryse since I love the genre, but it was a 30fps launch game with dips to the teens. I think Godfall reveals a much more indepth gameplay experience with quite a few more modes and options to play. You also have much more variety in enemies and bosses and of course customization and pick of your character......It's a more impressive accomplishment to be sure...

I saw some slowdown when all the crystals was on the ground after defeating enemies....I guess all that alpha at 4K resolution is a toll order, similar to how doom 2016 slowed down during the glory kills....Hopefully they can optimize that a bit, but during regular combat the framerate is pretty good. The graphics are bonkers though, texture work and AF is top notch, AA is very good...Reflections is way out the stratosphere, they are definitely pushing the next gen bells and whistles here....
All complete waffle until the game actually releases and you see the full picture though.

Not sure why brining Ryse up as 30fps matters either, it was built for the 360 and adapted for the X1 on a Jaguar CPU. This game has an 8+ year advantage in tech and is releasing on a Zen2 CPU... hardly a fair comparison.

All im saying is it’s the Ryse of this starting generation of games.

FrankWza

Willing to believe it may have more depth and is just being played like shit, seen plenty of gameplay demos where the person demoing is just a spaz, but even so the pace was dull and the art style is ridiculous. If it ends up as shallow as as it appears it will literally be a polished turd, polished to the point that seemingly everything in the game shines like the sun. Happy to be proved wrong but my expectations are low atm.

yeah. Like a platinum game. There’s a big difference between some vids I see and the way I play and then there’s another big difference in the way i play and some of these record breaking players go at it. Also, I’m not sure if there are difficulty levels.
This is gonna look GREAT on a proper HDR compatible $K display, with all them bright highlights and lush colors!

The trailer was crazy bright on oled. Looked good at 4K so the game should really look nice.

Top Bottom