• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG Black Friday Sale: Stock up on some cheap DRM-Free games!

Fbh

Sine I made a thread for the Steam one it only seems fair to also mention the GOG Black Friday sale that went live today:

2600+ deals with up to 91% on games like The Witcher 3, Divinity Original Sin 2, Dico Elysium, Dishonored 2, Fallout 3, Cuphead, New vegas and more.
All DRM Free, no shitty launchers, no online required.

Also, a note to my fellow third world country posters. Always check GOG out too, they have some pretty aggressive regional pricing and at least around these parts games are often significantly cheaper than on Steam.
For example Trials of Cold Steel 1 is straight up half as much on GOG as on Steam right now, Hollow Knight is like 3 time cheaper, Metro exodus gold edition is cheaper than the standard one on steam, etc.​

Last edited:

Fbh

I'm probably going to pick up some RPG.

Was interested in Cold Steel 1 since I've seen good comments but reading up on it they all seem fairly long I've seen a ton of comments that you should really play the other ones to get the full context (specially for CS3) and I'm not really in the mood for 300+ hours time investment.

I'll probably go with YSVIII which also gets a lot of love online and people say is fully enjoyable as a Standalone thing.

Seems like the entire Batman Arkham series is now available, and on sale

Yep. They also recently added the Dishonored games and Control, which are both on sale too.

Guilty_AI

I'm probably going to pick up some RPG.

Was interested in Cold Steel 1 since I've seen good comments but reading up on it they all seem fairly long I've seen a ton of comments that you should really play the other ones to get the full context (specially for CS3) and I'm not really in the mood for 300+ hours time investment.

I'll probably go with YSVIII which also gets a lot of love online and people say is fully enjoyable as a Standalone thing.
As far as JRPGs go, i'd recommend Crosscode (Its technically german, but its basically a JRPG-style game)

Reactions: Fbh

Fbh

As far as JRPGs go, i'd recommend Crosscode (Its technically german, but its basically a JRPG-style game)

Yeah I might pick that one up too.
Was sort of waiting for the Switch port but then I read it had some pretty bad framerate issues. Then I waited to see if maybe some patch would improve it but at this point I might as well just go for the PC version

Guilty_AI

Yeah I might pick that one up too.
Was sort of waiting for the Switch port but then I read it had some pretty bad framerate issues. Then I waited to see if maybe some patch would improve it but at this point I might as well just go for the PC version
It also seems to play much better with M&K than with a controller, so go for it

Reactions: Fbh

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Pillars of Eternity 2 Obsidian Edition is 20.99.

Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition is 5.99.

I already own both (got them a year or two ago during the same sale) but heads up as it's only for a day or two.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Great to finally see the Arkham games on GOG. Took em long enough.

OP's avatar reminds me how much I wish The Wonderful 101 was on there :(

Fbh

Great to finally see the Arkham games on GOG. Took em long enough.

OP's avatar reminds me how much I wish The Wonderful 101 was on there :(

Platinum games in general would be awesome to see on GOG.
I'd totally double dip to own DRM Free versions of Bayonetta, MGR, Vanquish, Nier and W101

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up to anyone who likes fun that Monkey Island 1-4 are going cheap, as is Bladerunner. The best adventure games ever made, right there.

Soodanim

Gold Member
This sale is pretty solid. There’s a lot I’d buy if I didn’t already own, and I’d get a hell of a lot for my money.

Top Bottom