• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Winter Olympics titles?

VALIS

List what Winter Olympic games you think have been decent, both past and present, any console. And it better have Curling in it! ;) Anyone know if there are new ones coming out this year? Haven't heard of any offhand.

-james-

Does the commodore 64 count?

img_562a0aa2.jpg

Thought all of the epyx games (summer/winter) were great back then. Not sure of any new ones.

Shinobi

2K Games is releasing the Torino for PS2, XBox and PC...no curling though, heh.

gp_box_torino.jpg

torino_122705_01.jpg

torino_122705_05.jpg

torino_122705_07.jpg

torino_122705_14.jpg

torino_122705_17.jpg

torino_122705_19.jpg

Hopefully it's decent...I'm a sucker for these type of games.

And yes, Winter Games fucking owned...as did everything Epyx made.

That GBA one was very nice. ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Has 4 Players singlecardmode and several different disciplines. I played it for uncounted hours with friends on a journey.
ESPN.jpg

It had Curling (I love that sport :x), Beatmania-style Ice Figureskating, Skijumping and the usual stuff. So much fun with friends. (did I mention?)

Good luck finding anything about it tho :[[[

A Revolution Olympics game would rock.

I got my hands on the new Torino 2006. It's about 8 events, no curling. The game is 20 bucks and it's on a CD (PS2 Purple disc). Some of the gameplay is great but it's alittle lack luster. I think I may pick it up after playing the copy from gamefly, but only because it's Olympics not because it is a good game.

Shinobi

sp0rsk said:
no curling? fuck.

Man, if you have a saturn you MUST GET WINTER HEAT.

Or grab the Sega Ages Decathlete Collection for PS2, which includes Winter Heat (this I have...what I don't have yet is a mod chip).

maxmars

VALIS said:
And it better have Curling in it! ;)

I may be a bit off-topic here but I could not avoid noticing the following warning in the world curling federation web site:

Fairness is an important part of the game and you shall not be surprised if your opponent will point out to you that they have broken the rules so just to make sure that no advantage is given.

Is this a looney's game?

Top Bottom