• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink Enjoys Immense Steam Success with 85,000+ Player Peak

Draugoth

Gold Member

The highly anticipated Cygames action RPG Granblue Fantasy: Relink was recently launched and has seen terrific reception from players and critics. When looking at the Steam Database, the game is seeing constantly surpassed player peaks, with the latest feat being over 85,000. At this rate, it wouldn’t be too surprising to see the title hit a whopping 100,000.

However, it is worth noting that the Steam user reviews aren’t entirely positive due to unoptimized performance with crashes and like plaguing the gameplay experience on PC. Hopefully, Granblue Fantasy: Relink will see an update on Steam soon that fixes these crucial faults.

KjXu2wc.png

llLeonhart

The highly anticipated Cygames action RPG Granblue Fantasy: Relink was recently launched and has seen terrific reception from players and critics. When looking at the Steam Database, the game is seeing constantly surpassed player peaks, with the latest feat being over 85,000. At this rate, it wouldn’t be too surprising to see the title hit a whopping 100,000.

However, it is worth noting that the Steam user reviews aren’t entirely positive due to unoptimized performance with crashes and like plaguing the gameplay experience on PC. Hopefully, Granblue Fantasy: Relink will see an update on Steam soon that fixes these crucial faults.

KjXu2wc.png

Hopefully it is doing just as well or even better on Playstation. This game is a gem and it truly deserves the success.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I love the fact I can play everything offline.....which HOW IT SHOULD BE.
Yep. And I love how every character is unique. And the option of playing by yourself, with friends, with your own tailored party or doing pure solo character runs. It's a bit premature but Relink will probably be my game of 2024.

There is a lot packed into this game and it'll be getting new bosses and characters in the months to come at no extra cost. Games a winner.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
They really need to get both crossplay for PC and Console, and a form of expanding region search for online.

once you "finish" the game and the credits roll, then the real game is essentially unlocked, and is quite similar to Monster Hunter in the form of how you search for quests etc, with two key differences.

Because missions are so short, sometimes a single boss fight with the sub objective of "kill in under a minute" for example there is no form of joining mid battle, meaning you can only get a mission if someone else is searching for that exact mission at the same time but haven't started it yet as you IN YOUR REGION, if they are searching for a different mission or are in JP while your EU, tough cheddar, give up or do it with your NPC party offline. The game also unlocks at the end a form of "search for any mission people are doing" but the caveat is if your character is higher level than some set parameter of the mission, you will be scaled down... the joke is if you do a regular search for that mission even if its drastically low level and some noob group pops off you would NOT be de-leveled, it only scales you back when using "search for any mission"

So they really REALLY need to maximise the pool of people available to play with, having no console crossplay and a region lock on your player base means that this game is going to be almost unplayable very quickly on PC and I suspect even console, given the hoops you jump through just to get a game. 4 man premades will naturally resolve this but you all need to be in the same region (LOL) and its not ideal when people arnt on.

Last edited:
Impressive considering the game lack of crossplay between Steam and Playstation.
This is one game where lack of cross play actually hurts PlayStation more than PC. On PC, you can freely search and join sessions. On PlayStation, you only have per-quest matchmaking that never finds a match. It’s terrible. I’m tempted to re-buy the game on Steam so I can actually play with humans, but I have resigned to just play through the campaign and sell the game (a benefit of having a disc).

So they really REALLY need to maximise the pool of people available to play with, having no console crossplay and a region lock on your player base means that this game is going to be almost unplayable very quickly on PC and I suspect even console, given the hoops you jump through just to get a game
Yes, you need to have the luck of getting struck by lightning to find a match on PS5.

You need to find someone who is:
  1. around your level
  2. in your region
  3. wanting to play that specific quest
  4. online
  5. searching for a match
…all within the same 15 seconds that you are. It’s a goddamn unicorn.

PC gaming is big in Japan isn't it, so probably being driven by Japanese players?
That's what I initially thought as well, but the largest player population comes from China. This leads me to believe that most Japanese Granblue Fantasy Relink players are on console (PS4 and PS5) and not Steam.

Btw, if we add up the reviews by language we get a total of 64.84% for Chinese (simplified and traditional) + Japanese + Korean.
image.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom