• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grasshoper + Samurai Champloo = No Love??

no one bought this game on ps2?? no one ever mentions it, there are no faqs or walkthroughs online....it's as if it doesn't exist.

despite what you may think of killer7, there were arguably some great ideas in there courtesy grasshoper. couple this with the champloo license, and i thought there would be (at least on gaf!) a few people that have this game.

no one?

if you do have it, please tell me how to beat the witch. it's driving up the wall.

keanerie

I was thinking about picking this up, as I am becoming a fan of the series after watching a few episodes. So it's good?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
keanerie said:
I was thinking about picking this up, as I am becoming a fan of the series after watching a few episodes. So it's good?

I LOVED the first 15 minutes. A great tune (best song in the game) plays throughout the credits, the intro is totally remade, and the trio recounts the story of the anime in a humorous fashion. I love the anime so it was so fun seeing the characters back again.

It all went downhill after that though. Gameplay is so repetitive and the story is retarded. Music is very forgettable too (aside from that first track I mentioned, which is called "At the end of the journey"). The loading cuts/DJ scratches were pretty neat, but it gets old when you have to load stuff every 4 minutes. And how many different enemies were in the game? 3?

For a Samurai Champloo fan, it's worth a rental because I seriously had a huge grin on my face for the first 15 minutes. If you don't know anything about the series, I wouldn't touch this game.

the game's style and presentation are pretty damn cool. it has major grasshopper influence throughout. the game plays out just like the anime, although the cutscenes can get drawn out quite a bit in their tempo. BUT, the gameplay is pretty cool. they incorporated the show's hiphop flare into the gameplay such as switching records on the fly during combat, which alters your attack patterns. combat can get repetitive but it's still fun, especially to see some of the curve balls the game offers down the road. if the gameplay had some additional powering up options that branched into more in-depth combat routines it would definitely have been something special. as it is - if you're a fan of either the anime or killer7, i highly reccomend it.

but seriously, who beat the witch? you need to tell me how to defeat this bitch cause i'm about to break a controller.

Top Bottom