• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 open beta coming to PlayStation 4 on May 22nd

thelastword

Banned
Going to take some heat for this but man I love this game and I think it better than PUBG on console.

They need to just add a few things like picking up your teammates and things like that and they will have a great game.
I don't think it's an assessment or assertion that deserves flack. Tbh, I've been reading some threads elsewhere on this and the sentiment is pretty much like yours. Many are enjoying this. Someone even said that his old band of friends recently came back together From older BF/Modern Warfare days and they are having quite a bit more fun with this over FN and PUBG.....Trying to shoot an enemy only to see structures rise to protect them in FN seem to be a sour point for many...with PUBG, the simplicity of inventory in H1z1 over it, including the faster pace of the matches seems to make persons prefer H1z1. Not forgettting the performance which is much better and feels better to play here.....

INC INC

- fix the vehicle hitbox, lost count of the amount of times I've directly hit people at full speed/boost, see their body go through the car, and get nothing, yet I jump out the way and get insta killed...........ffffuuuuuuuuuu

Yeah this is why nobody gets out of their cars, towards the end ;)..... Seems like part of the game's legacy, since there are a few videos on it. But yes, I think as gold loot said, they intend to take care of a few things, but for now controls, better perf and eliminating some bugs seem to be the priority.

- no punch mechanic......in lobby you an raise your fists, so whys it not in the game?

There are melee weapons, and I've seen that complaint, perhaps this was implemented in tune with survivor mentality, how many people are going to get up close and personal without a weapon, even a car or knife. So with the guns, it's seems to be "make sure you know how many rounds you have left etc" which can make for more intense and skilled battles.. Could also be tied to shooting in FP, since you have more control with your bullets and precision.

Yeah, also, make sure you log in your issues to the devs on their site, twitter, fb or even reddit, it's still in beta and I think they're listening to lots of feedback. Of course, I don't think everyone's issues will be corrected, but most of them can....

https://www.h1z1.com/news/ps4-open-beta-launch-features-may-2018

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Richard never misses an opportunity to take a shot at Sony or the Pro. "So called super charged console".

thelastword

Banned
Richard never misses a beat against PS4 PRO.......You should hear these guys the last few faceoffs since most games are now close in resolution or matches PRO in resolution...It's what I've been telling folk, it makes no sense for devs to push XBONEX to 4k when it's framerate is worse than PRO for it. It makes more sense what devs are doing now, locking framerate on XBONEX and the only way to do that is to make resolution closer between the consoles when not CPU bound....

Dark Souls Remastered is 1800p on both, but XBONEX has the framerate lock which is understandable....1440p on Far Cry 3 on both consoles and XBONEX has the framerate lock. Apparently the 4k moniker seems to be more important to some, even Richard.....He even suggests that Ubisoft may be on the "lazy devs" list relative to the FC3 port, but yet, I never heard that when Capcom delivered a much worse Resident Evil Revelations 2 on PS4 at the same 1080p aginst a weaker XBOX ONE, at least XBONEX has the framelcok here. It's the same attitude I saw with the Dark Souls remastered patch. Thomas Morgan cried wolf that QLOC did not do more on XBONEX, perhaps give it 4k rez against PRO's 1800p, so he would really not mind if XBONEX dropped more frames than PRO with such a rez upgrade, because he would just call the XBONEX version the best with worse framedrops anyway. Even in that same faceoff, the vanilla PS4 and XBOX-ONE are at the same 1080p, but he's not interested in that is he......

In any case, H1Z1 seems to be doing very well. I last checked twitch numbers last weekend and H1Z1 had more viewers than SOD2 and SOT combined. So much for this ugly looking game eh.....which has improved in graphics since the 22nd of last month......I guess, many are drawn to it's 60fps which is more important to players than 4k at medium to low rez and sub 20fps resolutions....in a competitive shooter...

Anyways, H1Z1 seems to be racking up those numbers......That engagement eh! H1Z1 is over 7 million players atm...

Last edited:

INC

Still needs alot of tweaks, and it's very janky at times, the controls need sorting asap

But I still prefer this over fortnite, it's a great game, I'm fine with the gfx, since the frame rate is grea and pretty much stable on pro. I just wish they'd get some better art team on this and give the map more variety in its appearance, thats something fortnite does very well

thelastword

Banned
I think they have lots of time to improve things, as it's still in beta. I find foliage and ground textures to be pretty good, dust effects and effects in general are good. Outside of improving texture and shaderwork on buildings....The only thing they need to do is to fix the issues some persons have highlighted and to improve framerate even more.....Lock this to 60fps above all else on PS4 vanilla and PRO, the graphical improvements will come....but a locked 60fps on either version of the console would be a feat indeed....

VertigoOA

Banned
I tried both PUBG and Fortnite and thought they were some of the worst gaming experiences I’ve ever played in my life and I questioned what the fuck was wrong with people.

PUBG is boring. Too much time doing fuxking nothing instead of ya know... doin action game things. That and it runs like ass on bone x. Fortnite is more Minecraft than shooter so that can go fuck right off.

However. H1Z1 is alright.... the guns seem to feel the best. The item wheels make varied approaches to combat far more effective and speedy.

And simple things, like marking vehicles and gear crates that drop are points of interest that make player encounters far more frequent. It just feels like a much tighter experience.

Oh and it runs at a smooth 60fps! That was a nice surprise.

Glad to see it doing well.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
H1Z1 Breaches 10 Million Players on PlayStation 4; New Update Introduces Revive Mechanics

"Over 11,676 years of gaming have been spent already by players, with 167 million and a half kills perpetrated during the Battle Royale matches and 16.5 million headshots performed.

To celebrate, the studio is giving all players who have downloaded H1Z1 a Darkfire Pickup Truck and Sunrise Parachute in-game skin for free. Players that logged into H1Z1 prior to 11:59 PM PT Wednesday, June 27, 2018 will be granted the in-game items directly to their inventory this weekend.

H1Z1 is also getting a new update today, which will introduce the Revive mechanics so that in Duos and Fives you will be able to revive teammates. Other additions include aim acceleration adjustments (currently, when you move your joystick the speed at which your character moves and responds is a linear acceleration, which led to some feedback that movement and aiming don’t feel very responsive. Daybreak implemented a non-linear solution now, similar to other shooter games, to give players that more responsive feeling) and a new weapon, the Airstrike Signal, which allows players to call in an air strike at the throwable’s location."

So yes, fixes to the aim acceleration people had issue with will be fixed in today's update, and the auto-royale mode only on PC atm is coming to PS4 soon...

https://wccftech.com/h1z1-breaches-10-million-players-ps4/

Last edited:
Top Bottom