• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Six Epic Games, One Iconic Saga

Orta

Banned
I don't know what justifies the 'triggered' reactions above, I just wanted to know if the movement throughout the rest of the game is this slow. Is it a console thing to compensate for aiming with a controller or something (I'm using m&kb)? I've never played a pc shooter where the player moves so slow. Even games as far back as the original Wolfenstein allow players to sprint.

Last edited:

Nemesisuuu

I don't know what justifies the 'triggered' reactions above, I just wanted to know if the movement throughout the rest of the game is this slow. Is it a console thing to compensate for aiming with a controller or something (I'm using m&kb)? I've never played a pc shooter where the player moves so slow. Even games as far back as the original Wolfenstein allow players to sprint.
Yes, although I love the game, movement is painfully slow. It takes some time to get used to.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Sprint and enhanced movements do not belong in Halo, this is not a Power Ranger fantasy. Halo Infinite seems to have nerfed Sprint/Enhanced Mobility a lot.

Orta

Banned
Yes, although I love the game, movement is painfully slow. It takes some time to get used to.

Hmm. I'll persevere but its hard to get used to after just doing a playthrough of Doom Eternal insanity.

And after this I have my second Christmas game to try, Death Stranding. It's going to be a slow patient gaming Christmas in my house :D

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
a lot of halo fans don't like sprinting so will get upset if you mention it. personally, i like it because otherwise it just feels so slow and clunky. Halo 5, imo, is the best controlling halo game but people hate it and one reason is the sprinting. it's also another reason for people to hate on Infinite.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
a lot of halo fans don't like sprinting so will get upset if you mention it. personally, i like it because otherwise it just feels so slow and clunky. Halo 5, imo, is the best controlling halo game but people hate it and one reason is the sprinting. it's also another reason for people to hate on Infinite.

They get upset? :D

That's silly. Sprinting is something taken for granted in pc shooters since day one. We even have the always run option.

I guess in this case I'll have to abide for the dumbed down console rules if I want to enjoy Halo however. Going to be a real patience tester though.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Sprint and enhanced movements do not belong in Halo, this is not a Power Ranger fantasy. Halo Infinite seems to have nerfed Sprint/Enhanced Mobility a lot.

Really nice video, explained how game design and level design were affected by the Spartan abilities very well.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR

This is a fantastic video. Surprised me as when I first slogged through the opening minute where the dude jerks himself off about being some great halo warrior that 343 listens with baited breath on each video he Almost fucked the entire thing up.

when he shuts up about that, his points about level and enemy design are right on.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
This is a fantastic video. Surprised me as when I first slogged through the opening minute where the dude jerks himself off about being some great halo warrior that 343 listens with baited breath on each video he Almost fucked the entire thing up.

when he shuts up about that, his points about level and enemy design are right on.
Since Halo 5, 343i is taking some advises from Halo fans to make Halo Wars 2/Halo Infinite feel like Classic Halo games. And ofcourse occasionally invite Halo YouTubers to their studio.

Then again we only know when Halo Infinite actually releases.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
Am I the only one that's beaten Halo 1, 2, and 3 and still has no idea what the fuck the plot is about? Something something planet, aliens are bad, Chief is a badass, and the flood are fucking obnoxious. Don't remember anything else.

Sakura

Am I the only one that's beaten Halo 1, 2, and 3 and still has no idea what the fuck the plot is about? Something something planet, aliens are bad, Chief is a badass, and the flood are fucking obnoxious. Don't remember anything else.
I know the plot for the first 3 games, but was completely lost on the 4th.

Top Bottom