• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HANNIBAL Star Mads Mikkelsen Is In For Marvel’s DOCTOR STRANGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikkelsen-cumberbatch.jpg

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/showbi...or-marvels-doctor-strange-more-added-to-cast/

I don’t know about you guys, but I think the Marvel film I’m most looking forward to seeing is DOCTOR STRANGE. Aside from the fact that Benedict Cumberbatch will play the title role, the film promises something entirely different from anything we’ve seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe thus far. Strange is a sorcerer with an origin story that is very different from the rest of his comrades. He was a doctor who seeks help from a higher power after an accident ruins his ability to perform his occupational duties, and discovers he possesses abilities that he never knew he had. What’s more, he’s the most powerful sorcerer in the universe. So when I tell you to expect big things, believe me – expect big things.

Director Scott Derrickson is getting ready to begin shooting the film this month, and he’s still got a few key roles to fill out. What we knew for certain was that Oscar-nominee Chiwetel Ejiofor is definitely in as fellow sorcerer Baron Mordo. Rachel McAdams is set to play Night Nurse (similar to the type of role Rosario Dawson plays on DAREDEVIL). Tilda Swinton is on board to play Strange’s mentor, The Ancient One. Then, of course, there is that tricky villain role. There were talks that HANNIBAL star Mads Mikkelsen was in negotiations to take it on, but recent comments by the actor seem to run counter to that rumor.

Lock in an alternate dimension if old

Not only is this old, but your article (which is referring to this rumor in the past tense already) seems to suggest he's NOT in at all.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Thread still stands. THR's yesterday article confirms that Mikkelsen is in.

Already on the roll call are Rachel McAdams as the female lead, Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One, as well as Chiwetel Ejiofor and Mads Mikkelsen. THR is pretty reputable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom