• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday PSP (2 years old)

Zeed

Banned
Ignatz Mouse said:
It never needed to-- just to provide an alternative to the same-old same-old.
Wait a minute, the PSP is providing an "alternative to the same-old same-old"?

:lol

:lol :lol :lol

gwiz210

PSP has been a bitter-sweet experience for me. I was really low on cash when i picked up my psp. I had to settle for a core with no games. Within a week I was able to get a 512mb memory stick and Me and My Katamari....then my psp broke, 9 days after i got it. Really made me mad.

Anyway I asked for a psp entertainment pack for christmas from my realitives so maybe this new PSP will serve be better.

gwiz210 said:
PSP has been a bitter-sweet experience for me. I was really low on cash when i picked up my psp. I had to settle for a core with no games. Within a week I was able to get a 512mb memory stick and Me and My Katamari....then my psp broke, 9 days after i got it. Really made me mad.

Anyway I asked for a psp entertainment pack for christmas from my realitives so maybe this new PSP will serve be better.

Wait, the PSP has a 1 year warranty, why didn't you get it replaced?

Zeed

Banned
gwiz210 said:
Within a week I was able to get a 512mb memory stick and Me and My Katamari....then my psp broke, 9 days after i got it. Really made me mad.
Mine broke shortly after I got it too. I was actually surprised at how good Sony's customer service was. I was expecting something like the Empire from Star Wars - like, being choked by Ken Kutaragi from halfway around the world. Instead I just shipped off my old PSP with the charger and crap, and they sent back a new one. That one actually also had a problem - I forget if it was the one that refused to show its interface or the one that wouldn't read disks. Anyway, they replaced that one too, simple as that. Still, after having two break on me, I've never stopped thinking of it as shitty hardware, but at least they're good about replacing it.

If yours broke within nine days, I assume your one year warrantee was still valid. Did you use it?

Avalon

The only thing that makes my DS better for games right now is the fact that I can play GBA game son it. :S

PSP still has a lot of potential. Hopefully the upcoming releases breath some life into it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Avalon said:
PSP still has a lot of potential. Hopefully the upcoming releases breath some life into it.

It had a great year. 2006 was easily the best year for the PSP, with plenty of great titles released for it. And yet I still hear "PSP HAS TEH NOES GAEMZE1111!!1" I really don't get it.

I think my favorites this year are Metal Gear Portable Ops, Tekken DR, and Outrun 2006.

Fady K

Avalon said:
The only thing that makes my DS better for games right now is the fact that I can play GBA game son it. :S

QFT

Snaku said:
restinpspyr0.jpg

That was cold blooded.

man...

doesnt it feel like the psp could get the axe tomorrow and nothing would come of it?

Docpan

I've been through 3 PSPs since it launched.

#1- Japanese launch PSP. Thought it would be the coolest thing I've ever bought. Played Ridge Racer and Lumines, and it collected dust for 6 months. Sold it.

#2- Some time after GTA: Liberty City Stories came out, I bought a US PSP. I figured the library would be worth it by this point. I was wrong. Collected dust for another six months. Sold it.

#3- Given to me as a gift 2 months ago. Currently collecting dust. I think I'll keep this one, though. If they ever decide to release a Castlevania for it, I won't have to buy yet another one. Other than that.... Yeahhh....

Docpan said:
I've been through 3 PSPs since it launched.

#1- Japanese launch PSP. Thought it would be the coolest thing I've ever bought. Played Ridge Racer and Lumines, and it collected dust for 6 months. Sold it.

#2- Some time after GTA: Liberty City Stories came out, I bought a US PSP. I figured the library would be worth it by this point. I was wrong. Collected dust for another six months. Sold it.

#3- Given to me as a gift 2 months ago. Currently collecting dust. I think I'll keep this one, though. If they ever decide to release a Castlevania for it, I won't have to buy yet another one. Other than that.... Yeahhh....

hey, still selling your time share and yacht? after you sold your home in the alps for the second time, i figured i'd get you a 3rd as as gift. pm me, let's do lunch

Top Bottom