• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harmonix announces Rock Band 4 Season Spotlight Pass - 8 new songs for $13.50

FyreWulff

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/282896/introducing-the-rock-band-season-2-spotlight-pass

Brand new to Rock Band this month – a season pass to select, new Rock Band DLC. Each week for the duration of the season (eight weeks), players who purchase the Season 2 Spotlight Pass will be granted a permanent entitlement to whichever new release is featured as a Spotlight Song in that week's Rivals Mode challenge (a total of eight songs). The Season 2 Spotlight Pass will cost $13.49 and be available for purchase beginning August 24 on both Xbox One and PlayStation®4 for the duration of Rivals Season 2, which ends on October 17, 2017.

Rock Band 4 has a new Rivals mode where each week crews (basically 10 person bands) compete for high scores. There's 3 songs per week. This guarantees you 8 new songs, which would usually be 16$ USD total @ 2$ USD each for 13.50$ (so in line with existing pack discounts), at a rate of one new song per week for 2 months.

It's also been confirmed they are NOT counting Rewinds (songs from previous Rock Bands) in this. 100% new songs.

So, $13.50 for eight new releases? Not a bad deal.

Even if I'm not into all eight, I'm willing to pay in to support the franchise.

They still support RB4? I might brush off the old guitar and hook it up then.

How is Rivals?
Rivals is just an expansion pack for 4 that added a new campaign mode, online multiplayer, and team-based leaderboards.

ascii42

That's nice. I'll definitely take advantage. I've been buying every spotlight song I haven't owned. Figured it's a good way to expand my library and expose myself to new stuff.

FyreWulff

How is Rivals?

They've had RB4 dlc almost every week since it's release. Sometimes it's one song and they skip weeks sometimes for patch releases but it's been fairly continous since 2015.

They've also kept adding a bunch of songs for buying the Rivals expansion. You get about 25 songs with it now, with the 4 coming this month for it. So Rivals has also been sort of a soft season pass itself (the difference is it's free songs are only available if you own Rivals)

How is Rivals?

Good expansion. There's a silly little "Rockumentary" career mode that has you playing a "Behind the Music" style retelling of your bands history, rivals mode adds a nice competitive team angle to the game with crews partaking in weekly challenges, and the new badge system they've added gives you a bunch of requirements and targets to go for. Plus well over 20 free songs and more being added every few months.

Rivals is just an expansion pack for 4 that added a new campaign mode, online multiplayer, and team-based leaderboards.

Ah, that sounds pretty groovy. Thanks for the info!

They've had RB4 dlc almost every week since it's release. Sometimes it's one song but it's been fairly continous since 2015.

I'm glad they still support the game and it has an audience. I played for about two months when it launched and just dropped it for some reason.

Good expansion. There's a silly little "Rockumentary" career mode that has you playing a "Behind the Music" style retelling of your bands history, rivals mode adds a nice competitive team angle to the game with crews partaking in weekly challenges, and the new badge system they've added gives you a bunch of requirements and targets to go for. Plus well over 20 free songs and more being added every few months.

That Rockumentary mode sounds pretty fun actually!

Thanks for convinving me fellas, think I'm gonna go purchase rn.

I was told the 20 free songs were a pre-order bonus and are no longer included with Rivals?

I was told the 20 free songs were a pre-order bonus and are no longer included with Rivals?

Nah, there were 10 songs that were pre-order bonuses and are available in a separate pack as well, but with Rivals you also get 20 free songs from smaller artists, plus one in-house song.

MrNelson

Banned

Different songs.

They've been adding songs to Rivals free of charge since December 2016, mostly from smaller bands. They'll be up to 28 by the end of the month. Here is the list from the OT, including the songs that will be added by the end of the month.

• Animal Flag - "Sink"
  • Arctic Horrors - "Black Seas"
  • Bearstronaut - "Shadow"
  • Bent Knee - "These Hands"
  • Black Beach - "No Place For Me"
  • The Black Cheers - “(You’re) Breakin’ Up”
  • Creaturos - "History Repeats"
  • Dutch Rebelle - "RudeBoys"
  • Goddamn Draculas - "Bethany"
  • Julie Rhodes - "Hurry Up (& Wait For You)"
  • Littlefoot - "Casablanca"
  • Michael Christmas - "Cross That Line"
  • Nemes - "Black Streak"
  • Newfane - "I Recognize"
  • Parks - "Sweater Weather"
  • Parlour Bells - “Never Let ‘Em Hold Ya Back”
  • Party Bois - “True Confessional”
  • Petty Morals - “Mean Girls”
  • The Red Chord - “Hour of Rats”
  • Ruby Rose Fox - “Pain Killer”
  • Ruby Rose Fox - "Skydiver"
  • Skratch'N Snyf - "S.O.M.P."
  • Spirit Kid - “To My Romeo”
  • STL GLD - "Good"
  • Tigerman WOAH - "Alone Time"
  • The Warning Shots - “Closer, Closer”
  • When Particles Collide - “Constant Disaster”
  • Worshipper - “Black Corridor”

Megatron

Not real interested in buying them blind. Would he better if it was for 8 songs releasing in the next three months but you coukd choose which to use your credit on.

Taker34

Banned
I'd really love to dive into RB again but the effort of building a silent drum kit again kills my interest in it. Are there any reliable and easy mods or options to make a silent and precise drum kit?

Bridges

I've bought almost every song they've released since RB4's launch so I may as well save some money by doing this.

A lot of people seemed to want something like this so it seems like a pretty good idea for the hardcore Rivals crowd.

Top Bottom