• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon: Innocent Life (PSP) Screens

olimario

Banned
BLaarrrg. AC:DS looks better.

45201120060113_140216_7_big.jpg
45201120060113_140216_6_big.jpg
45201120060113_140216_8_big.jpg
45201120060113_140215_1_big.jpg
45201120060113_140215_0_big.jpg
45201120060113_140215_4_big.jpg
45201120060113_140215_2_big.jpg
45201120060113_140216_9_big.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
This is the first Harvest Moon game I've been excited for in quite some time, 'cause when it was revealed they said they were making some major changes to the formula. I thought the series definitely needed that, it was getting stale as all get out.

These images are pretty disappointing visually compared to the famitsu images though.

olimario

Banned
Amir0x said:
This is the first Harvest Moon game I've been excited for in quite some time, 'cause when it was revealed they said they were making some major changes to the formula. I thought the series definitely needed that, it was getting stale as all get out.

These images are pretty disappointing visually compared to the famitsu images though.

The DS HM is changing the formula and including combat.
PROTECT THE CROPS!

Mook1e

olimario said:
AC:DS is clean and has such a defined style.
30271020060110_203547_3_big.jpg
30271020060110_203547_0_big.jpg

The new one coming out. I forget the subtitle of it.
That's the cleanest i've ever seen AC: DS and i own 2 copies of it

olimario

Banned
Mook1e said:
That's the cleanest i've ever seen AC: DS and i own 2 copies of it

Those screens capture exactly how it looks while playing it. Oh well, if you think HM:IL looks better then that's fine.

Mook1e

olimario said:
Those screens capture exactly how it looks while playing it. Oh well, if you think HM:IL looks better then that's fine.
I really don't know yet. You are right, though. AC: DS is cleaner. The character models and trees look like that. I think I like the art style better in HM from what I see.
AC: DS keeps the textures and colors as flat as possible and it reduces jaggies.
If HM can animate the environment well, we may not notice the jaggies in these screens as much as we think when it's in motion on the PSP.
I'll have to see it in motion, though. (and on the LCD)

Matix

I think the AC:DS is possibily might be a better game than this, but obviously Innocent Life kills it graphically (IMO). I mean come on, IL is just more lush, detailed, vibrant, overall compared to AC (GameCube & DS Titles). At least thats how I see it, anyone needs glasses here.. ?!

jarrod

Banned
Amir0x said:
That some joke? The first HM DS had some trashy pet rubbing garbage.
And the first PSP HM is a direct PS1 port complete with giant borders.

These are the spinoffs we're talking about. Innocent Life on PSP and Rune Factory on DS.

Flynn

Is it just me, or does the subtitle "innocent life" conjure images of a 6'Oclock news story about a drive by shooting?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
OOooh, looks good! Hope it turns out better than the turd that this the PS2, (not AWL SE).

bridegur

This looks great. I've always preferred the HM games to Animal Crossing because they're more than wandering around and designing furniture.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Ew. Looks nasty with so much 3D now. I liked the last set of screens better.

Senretsu

argh! I got excited when it said PSP but then I opened the thread and saw it was 3D :(. I said it before but Harvest Moon keeps getting worse with every game. I don't see any farming in this game. Looks like you have to fish, talk to people, plant flowers, and shake trees to get fruit....nope, doesn't sound like thats been done in any recently released games :).

Mook1e

Tamashii Sensei said:
QFT. Harvest Moon games have never been about graphics.
??
The original post has screens and then mentions the quality of the graphics in comparison to AC: DS. What is this thread about, if not the comparison of these two titles based on graphics?

Dsal

it's going to come out of you and it's going to taste so good
*considers importing*
I love the GBA ones, but this one's so obviously different that I'm not sure if I'll like it as much.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Mejilan said:
G-d damn the GBA games are so fucking awesome.

Why even use the word God if you're not going to spell it out?

This HM version has my attention. I've been playing AC non-stop since it came out, but I don't see how anyone would think it looks better than HM PSP.

Top Bottom