• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you seen movies before ? Have you seen Leon (uncut version of the Professional)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Well, I will sound like a pompous ass, but if you have not seen that... well you have not really seen movies yet ;).

Have I really "seen" movies before then ? No, as there are other movies for sure which I have not watched yet that are cornerstones in the history of movies.

This one, Leon, is a necessary, but not sufficient condition then ;).

I have seen "The Professional" before, several times, but I was shocked to experience how complete and more rewarding the uncut edition really is.

B00004YYDI.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

leon2.jpg

Definately worth the premium you might pay compared to the standrard edition (do not destroy your bank acount to get it, they have it at Best Buy).

Tool

Banned
I wasn't impressed with this movie when I saw it in the theaters way back when. What could the extra 24 minutes possibly add to make it an outstanding film?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
it's a huge chunk from the movie, and makes matilda's decision to try to take out Oldman's character on her own make a lot more sense...

but if you didn't like the cut version, it's not gonna change your opinion.

Tool

Banned
levious said:
it's a huge chunk from the movie, and makes matilda's decision to try to take out Oldman's character on her own make a lot more sense...

but if you didn't like the cut version, it's not gonna change your opinion.

I think the director should have decided to take out Oldman's character on his own. From what I remember it was a very over-the-top unbelievable character.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
a psychotic, drug addicted, crooked cop is over the top and unbelievable to you? Or do you not like most Oldman characters?

Tool

Banned
levious said:
a psychotic, drug addicted, crooked cop is over the top and unbelievable to you? Or do you not like most Oldman characters?

I liked him in "Sid & Nancy", "Criminal Law" and "JFK". His "True Romance" character was alright too. I just thought his performance in "The Professional" was WAY too out there. I didn't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom