• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help figuring out a song...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

I'm probably going to be vague, but I'll try to describe it as best I can. For anyone in the Michagan area, I listen to 101.1FM, the WRIF a lot and they play this one song that I like from time to time... problem is they NEVER mention the name of the song when its done... NEVER! So I ask for help...

It sounds like a song from the 70's, and probably is. Very old school rock, kind of a Led Zepplin style but the singer doesn't have that same style of voice. It's much quieter.

The song is what I can only describe as a song you LOVE to play when you're driving on the highway. It has a repeating bass line that just repeats over and over.... there's a little singing in the beginning, a LONG ASS time without any kind of singing, but it isn't really so much of a solo. Mostly just the bass line repeating a lot. In the end there's more singing...

In the end it starts going "come on, come on, come on, come on, ba-by" over and over.... I wish I could think of some more lyrics, but like I said before, the singing is kinda drowned out by the music... I'll describe more if this wasn't enough...

LakeEarth

bjork said:
Is it that "Time keeps on slippin... into the future..." song?

I don't think so.

The bass line kinda goes... it repeats the same note about 10 times and then has two progressively higher notes and repeats, the only difference is that the two different notes goes higher then lower, instead of higher then higher .... god I am not helping...

LakeEarth

dem said:
band name...

Ahh... I'm checking SoulSeek with it, but it doesn't seem to know the band well, only found 3 songs by them so far. is it a song that if you were driving, would totally hold the wheel with one hand and just bob your head... it's the best way I can describe the feeling you get when listening to the song.

Suerte

The Knack - My Sharona?

It sounds kinda like it anyway... especially the bass repeating, plus the song is a kick ass driving song.

LakeEarth

Thanks, SoulSeek wasn't downloading the song right... but no, that's not it. The bass is a lot more low key... the lead guitar doesn't get hard until the end.

dem

As if its not april wine

COME ON, COME ON, COME ON, COME ON BABY
Come on if you want it to beeeee!

LakeEarth

dem said:
As if its not april wine

COME ON, COME ON, COME ON, COME ON BABY
Come on if you want it to beeeee!

Actually that does sound like a part of the song.. but it totally wasn't like the clip that was on that site Scooter had...

LakeEarth

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
congratulations.gif

congratulations.jpg

56152.jpg

YOU SIR....
Smart%20Cookie.JPG

A 70's song with a long repeating bassline and then "Come on, come on, come on, come on baby?" Stranglehold immediately popped into my head, even though I haven't heard it in a few years.

In fact, when I left work yesterday, I had the song running through my head over and over. So I stopped at Circuit City and picked up Ted Nugent's "Great Gonzos" CD. I listened to Stranglehold three times on the way home, with one hand on the wheel and my head bobbing...

LakeEarth

Lucky Forward said:
A 70's song with a long repeating bassline and then "Come on, come on, come on, come on baby?" Stranglehold immediately popped into my head, even though I haven't heard it in a few years.

In fact, when I left work yesterday, I had the song running through my head over and over. So I stopped at Circuit City and picked up Ted Nugent's "Great Gonzos" CD. I listened to Stranglehold three times on the way home, with one hand on the wheel and my head bobbing...

Awsome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom