• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me remember a screne from the Transformers cartoons

ChazAshley

Gold Member
Gaf, this is driving me bonkers - I'm going through the Mandela effect right now. Please help me remember if this was from the movie or if this was from another cartoon entirely.

I remember watching a scene where certain transformers were caught and basically torn apart and eaten. I remember freaking out as a kid because I saw their disassembled parts going down conveyor belts, with their faces in horror.

I seriously thought this was the Transformers movie (1986) after Unicron comes and eats up the planet, but I can't see that scene anywhere.

Anybody have ANY idea what I'm talking about? Is this the transformers? Or another cartoon entirely? Or am I just going crazy and it was some weird dream??

Perhaps that scene in Five Faces of Darkness where Springer gets taken up and cut up. His cut remains are briefly on a conveyer belt.

Bit starts at 13:13 and the part above is just after the commercial bumper.

Edit: There's something similar in the Gobots Miniseries where a wounded Leader 1 was to be eaten by that big blue Zod creature. That shit also scared me as a kid.

TheFinalConflict_zod_crushed.jpg

Edit 2: For more conveyer belt mayhem there was Robotix:

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Perhaps that scene in Five Faces of Darkness where Springer gets taken up and cut up. His cut remains are briefly on a conveyer belt.

Edit: There's something similar in the Gobots Miniseries where a wounded Leader 1 was to be eaten by that big blue Zod creature. That shit also scared me as a kid.

Goboys scared me because they were so rubbish ok turbo and leader one were great the feast I forget. Ok they weren’t rubbish rubbish just transformers are better.

ChazAshley

Gold Member

That first one is it!!!! THANK YOU! I've been rewatching G1 lately and been enjoying it. And random memories have been popping up.

That first one is it!!!! THANK YOU! I've been rewatching G1 lately and been enjoying it. And random memories have been popping up.

Cool. Yeah, I know the feeling of remembering. Even though I've rewatched a good number of things I can still remember those first times as a kid and those thoughts.

Still glad to be of help!

Goboys scared me because they were so rubbish ok turbo and leader one were great the feast I forget. Ok they weren’t rubbish rubbish just transformers are better.

Crasher is who everyone remembers with that laugh. Though Turbo did get one on her and mocked her with it.

Still popular enough that she had her own Transformers figure:

crash13.jpg

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Cool. Yeah, I know the feeling of remembering. Even though I've rewatched a good number of things I can still remember those first times as a kid and those thoughts.

Still glad to be of help!

Crasher is who everyone remembers with that laugh. Though Turbo did get one on her and mocked her with it.

Still popular enough that she had her own Transformers figure:

crash13.jpg

I think the guy with the transformer as an Avatar and the name of a transformer might know a bit more than me. Lol. I am humbled. I’m also lacking in knowledge in this subject heheheh

JQqP9fw.jpg

This is a great opportunity for me to also nerd over some of these recent Transformers figures. They look amazing.

I would say keep an eye on the current stuff as Hasbro has actually been redoing G1 toys and actual G1 cartoon toys with alt modes similar enough to the originals (but not the same as they'd need a license such as for Porche (Jazz) and Lamborghini (Sideswipe, Sunstreaker), etc.

The Studio Series '86 line is for the 1986 movie. This year's Dinobot to be released is Snarl. Grimlock, Slag and Sludge have already been released with Swoop at the end of the year or in '24.

maxresdefault.jpg

5d5d1d23a9d5a7693ca843bf8127311b.jpg

I strongly recommend if you want some of these to pick these up. They can at times go fast due to fucking scalpers who will sell them at 3x the price. These bastards ate up all the Cosmos sales to get him to eBay.

Also be aware that unfortunately there are exclusives to Walmart, Target and Walgreens. Target has the Buzzworthy line, which is going to have an updated G1 Hound. Walmart has it's exclusives but also has rereleased G1 toys updated with their cartoon colors. Starscream and Hot Rod are out but are now hard to find. Hound is up next, apparently.

Maybe. But I know he got fucked up when he faced galvatron and he was reassembled by the junkions

The other thread for the "extended" movie cut has those storyboards shown in part 4. Magnus even took a potshot at Galvatron which is what pissed him off to call out the Sweeps to kill him.

My childhood memories consists of going over to my grandma's house because she had cable TV and we didn't. Got to watch a lot more TV that way.

Same. Didn't have cable so when we visited Grandma it was time for Nickelodian. David the Gnome, The Little Bits, Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics, The Noozles, etc. All that stuff my siblings and I couldn't normally watch.

Though the frustrating one was trying to watch/find Mysterious Cities of Gold as that was serialized. Staying at Grandma's a few days was the only way to see that and after going home it was just wondering what had happened.

Top Bottom