• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeworld 3 delayed until May, as the developers make 'the final tweaks needed to deliver at the level of quality that we strive for and you deserve'

GFw0z7FWsAAoXlT

Homeworld 3's mothership needs just a bit more time in spacedock before heading out for places unknown. Gearbox announced on Wednesday that Homeworld 3 is being delayed by two months, from its planned March 8 release date to May 13, 2024.

In a statement about the delay, Gearbox and Blackbird Interactive said that they recently brought in playtesters from outside their studios to play the campaign in its entirety. "After careful analysis of feedback, we made the decision to delay the global launch of Homeworld 3 until May 13, with advanced access set for May 10, to ensure that we’re making the final tweaks needed to deliver at the level of quality that we strive for and you deserve," the developers said.
The space RTS has been on a long journey to release, starting with a crowdfunding campaign on now-shuttered investment site Fig that originally pegged a 2022 release. That slipped to 2023, then February 2024, then March. I have a feeling the May 13 date will be the one to finally stick.

"To say that you as a community of players have been waiting patiently for this next installment would be an understatement, and we are deeply appreciative of that," said Gearbox and Blackbird Interactive. "We will continue to keep you updated on our progress."

Last edited:

gaheris

That's sad to hear that there was another delay but just tried the demo and didn't like the controls. It was really weird and hope I can go back to the controls of the remastered version. I wish when in development that had more dynamic physics involved as part of the gameplay but I get that would have changed a lot of the situations and systems involved but damn that would be so cool in a space strategy game. Maybe next time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom