• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Spoiler-free Impressions (for real this time)

iMax

I'm a little worried you can't choose which shoulder the camera looks over. In all the videos it appears that you can only look over the left and I usually prefer the right.

hydruxo

I'm a little worried you can't choose which shoulder the camera looks over. In all the videos it appears that you can only look over the left and I usually prefer the right.

In ACG's review he mentioned that same thing and Aloy was on the right side, so I guess it just depends. Hope GG can patch in shoulder switch at some point.

iMax

In ACG's review he mentioned that same thing and Aloy was on the right side, so I guess it just depends. Hope GG can patch in shoulder switch at some point.

Ah, that's a better way to phrase it. Yeah, that's what I mean, Aloy always seems to be on the right.

Ah, that's a better way to phrase it. Yeah, that's what I mean, Aloy always seems to be on the right.

It switches automatically, not quite sure what the trigger is though. It was the first thing I noticed when I started playing the game, annoyed me in the beginning, but now I don't notice it anymore.

I've read this before. What does dynamic mean within this context?

Compass is always up, but health, missions, exp bar and things like that pop up during necessary parts, like for example in combat. When you're out and about and exploring, you only have the compass, but if a new mission pops up, the hud pops up for a few seconds then fades. You can also swipe on the touchpad to bring up the full hud for a few seconds.

Memento

Is the spoiler tag a joke? Because I am not clicking on it unless it is just a joke

I am talking about the guy of the story trailer that seems like the villain btw

KonseptZ

Neo Member
This game looks and sounds amazing. I was really hoping Sony would use this as the launching point for some specialized Pro bundles. I want to upgrade my system, but I know the minute I do they are gonna have some bundles haha

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So, guys...

I'm getting a weird image glitch every time I start the game now...

Everything goes super washed out, even the PS4 menu.

It's the game, cause the jump from fuzzy baby blue to the normal royal blue of the PS4 OS is stark when I close it.

I know the game switches the input to 4K/HDR mode and it looked amazingly rich and crisp, until now.

WTH is going on? I've tried toggling RGB modes and stuff to no avail.

Currently reinstalling the game.

Please help. :(

Drewfonse

Compass is always up, but health, missions, exp bar and things like that pop up during necessary parts, like for example in combat. When you're out and about and exploring, you only have the compass, but if a new mission pops up, the hud pops up for a few seconds then fades. You can also swipe on the touchpad to bring up the full hud for a few seconds.

Sounds great, Dynamic it is. Thanks.

So, guys...

I'm getting a weird image glitch every time I start the game now...

Everything goes super washed out, even the PS4 menu.

It's the game, cause the jump from fuzzy baby blue to the normal royal blue of the PS4 OS is stark when I close it.

I know the game switches the input to 4K/HDR mode and it looked amazingly rich and crisp, until now.

WTH is going on? I've tried toggling RGB modes and stuff to no avail.

Currently reinstalling the game.

Please help. :(

I've had something similar happen with another HDR enabled game not quite sure which one. The dashboard would be dimmer, but the game itself would look absolutely fine. Are you sure the game is washed out as well?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I've had something similar happen with another HDR enabled game not quite sure which one. The dashboard would be dimmer, but the game itself would look absolutely fine. Are you sure the game is washed out as well?

Yup.

All the details, like the moss, snow flakes, tree branches, the vividness of the colours..

Gone.

Hell, it was fine last night.

What the actual fuck...

BiGBoSSMk23

It sounds like the console is in HDR mode and the TV isnt.

I have the input set to "Enhanced" instead of standard.

Nothing was changed as far as I'm aware. My girlfriend isn't exactly savvy and she doesn't go poking where she doesn't need to.

I'm on a XBR850D.

If no one else has experienced this I'm thinking it's the TV wigging out.

I have the input set to "Enhanced" instead of standard.

Nothing was changed as far as I'm aware. My girlfriend isn't exactly savvy and she doesn't go poking where she doesn't need to.

I'm on a XBR850D.

If no one else has experienced this I'm thinking it's the TV wigging out.

What you are describing is exactly what a non HDR TV looks like if it gets an HDR signal. I've got my old ps4 hooked up to 2 TVs and only one is HDR and that's what the non HDR set looks like if I run games in HDR mode.

Do you have any other HDR content to check with?

BiGBoSSMk23

What you are describing is exactly what a non HDR TV looks like if it gets an HDR signal. I've got my old ps4 hooked up to 2 TVs and only one is HDR and that's what the non HDR set looks like if I run games in HDR mode.

Do you have any other HDR content to check with?

Yeah, I figured it out though.

I had everything including resolution set to automatic , and for some reason the game wasn't forcing the signal into 2160p - YUV420.

I manually set it up and voila. Glorious IQ is back.

God I can't wait till they make a low response time HDR monitors.

I wish I could play titanfall with HDR on.

Is that ASUS monitor with FreeSync 2 worth it? (I know this is super OT)

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Yeah, I figured it out though.

I had everything including resolution set to automatic , and for some reason the game wasn't forcing the signal into 2160p - YUV420.

I manually set it up and voila. Glorious IQ is back.

God I can't wait till they make a low response time HDR monitors.

I wish I could play titanfall with HDR on.

Is that ASUS monitor with FreeSync 2 worth it? (I know this is super OT)

The X850d is an HDR set though. I have one.

BiGBoSSMk23

The X850d is an HDR set though. I have one.

Yeah, lol. It's just ridiculously laggy for competitive play. I play TFall2 on a regular 1080p monitor just for the response time.

SP games like Horizon I'm obviously gonna play on the big fancy screen.

Still , I would like my competitive set to look as good and crisp as the SP set.

Top Bottom