• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House panel rejects measure to seek Trump's tax returns

HotHamBoy

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/349699-house-panel-rejects-measure-to-seek-trumps-tax-returns?amp

The New Jersey lawmaker and other Democrats argued that it's important to see Trump's tax returns to learn about any potential conflicts of interest and to see how the president would personally benefit from any tax-reform legislation.

"The information is important for the American people so they know that their president is always acting in their best interest," said Rep. Richard Neal (Mass.), the top Democrat on the Ways and Means Committee.

But Republicans argued that the measure is politically motivated and that requesting the information would be an invasion of privacy.

"To be frank, this measure is a procedural tool being utilized, and I believe abused, for obvious political purposes," Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady (R-Texas) said.

Trump is the first president in decades who has not disclosed his tax returns. He said during the campaign that he wouldn't release them because of an IRS audit. However, the IRS has said that audits don't prevent people from releasing their own tax information.

🤔 me if old

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Kevin Brady must have a cut. I wonder what his tune would be if it were the Clintons and the Clinton Foundation

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I would imagine Mueller has already got access to them or at least I'm hoping he's already got access to them seeing as how he teamed up with the Seal Team IRS not too long ago

So literally every other candidate, Republican and Democrat alike, presented their tax returns, but asking Trump to do the same is "politically motivated"?

Fuck off with this hypocrisy.

giphy.webp

SHOCK!

Top Bottom