• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you reconnect with someone back in school many years ago?

Is that something impossible to do without being seen as needy or creepy? Does the situation depend if you find them cute or if they were a close friend, but maturity happened and you pushed everybody away?

Would you bother now that everybody is busy with their lives, so you move on?

Droxcy

Me being me, I could careless as heartless as it sounds, I think about the people in my past more often than not. I see them all on Facebook & Instagram constantly, but act like I really don't know them anymore. I really don't see the point in trying to reconnect anymore honestly, everyone goes their separate ways. I have a few friends that we message back and forth for a little then fall off again just life gets busy. I don't go out of the way to reconnect it really doesn't bother me. There's new friendships and times to be made.

cr0w

Old Member
I mean

Everyone I went to school with is fat and miserable, so I kind of just creep on their profiles and see where they're at in life. My ex from junior year is married to a dude whose last name is Frankenstein, so I'm amused as fuck.

KevinKeene

Banned
I already blew my chances with the one hot girl back from elementary school times - she works as a model now and ai once sent an embarrassing flirt attempt via fb messages. Yeah, it was as cringey as it sounds.

CheeseNubs

Neo Member
i think the best thing to do if you wanna reconnect with someone is to just shoot them a message saying hello and asking how their life is going. Don't try to pick them up or ask them out on a date. Just casually say something like "It was great catching up, may be we can meet up sometime." at the end of the conversation.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I already blew my chances with the one hot girl back from elementary school times - she works as a model now and ai once sent an embarrassing flirt attempt via fb messages. Yeah, it was as cringey as it sounds.

giphy.gif

Breakage

Social media encourages people to stay connected to everyone they've met, but I've never felt compelled to do it. I don't even use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.

Stalk the shit out of them. Pretend to accidentally run into them at the store. Start a relationship and fuck it up. Then chase after them and stop them from boarding the plane. Like in the movies.

Top Bottom