• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is Resident Evil 5 on the Switch?

Cutty Flam

Banned
Loved the game on the Xbox360

I still yearn to play the online Mercenaries. That gametype is legendary amounts of fun. I simply enjoyed using Sheva and killing Uroburos infected zombie types with the bow and arrows. Easy one hit kill and if you get good at it the fun is just off the charts

Also would love to play campaign again with anyone who would want to here, Co-Op. The game’s campaign is so unique, and although it’s not close to RE4’s greatness, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing what Chris Redfield could do in his prime. He’s like the epitome of a one man force of nature

-Killing machine
-Leader and alpha of the pack
-Unrivaled hand to hand combat skills / close combat skills
-Steadfastness of an unrivaled conquerer but he fights for others; his cause is just
-Fucking 220lbs pure muscle sitting on 6’1 frame dude is a fucking animal

One of my favorite quotes of any video game is in Resident Evil 5 too. Chris Redfield is just killing it all cylinders in this game and that’s why it’s so badass of a campaign. But he and Sheva were in a lab, and Sheva was trying to piece something together; make sense of something that just happened with a run in they had had with Wesker and his lead associate, Excella Gionne. They were relatively close to closing in on Excella and Wesker when she had said what she said, and it went something like this:

Sheva Olimar: But what about ______? And then there’s the part where Excella said...(Chris cuts her off mid-sentence)

Chris Redfield: It doesn’t matter what she said. She’s a terrorist. End of story.

Thought that was unbelievable leadership and writing tbh. There are some badass moments in these games sometimes

But would definitely play with others once (if) I decide to buy it for Switch. Or the new Xbox when it drops. Campaign and Mercenaries all day I’ll run that

MORJDK

Banned
Quite enjoyable, it runs at an uncapped framerate, which means it mostly floats above 30fps, but it can drop below. It includes gyro aiming, if you like that. Decent port i would say.

Runs perfectly.

my wife and I replayed it last month and it’s still an absolute blast. Although it reminded me of how bloody awful quick time events were and how glad I am that they’re a rare inclusion in games nowadays.

And yeah, it’s not quite up to 4’s balls out insanity, but 5 has some amazing moments and hilarious dialogue. The constant ‘Trust your partner, partner, because partners always work best when partnered with a partner, partner’, the way Irvin turns into a sort of tentacle testicle on a giant whale monster, the way villains mock you constantly with unfounded confidence right up until the moment they die, Wesker being moustache twirling let evil, how dumb the Oroborus virus and the plan to distribute it worldwide is, Chris punch a rock to death... It’s dumb as fuck and I love it!

Jayjayhd34

I played every resident evil game available on the switch recently, completed each one. I've never even got my dock out the box so never played the switch on TV so handheld mode only and there performance was fine graphics are not the best but overall for portable Its great.

H4ze

I would say watch this video first:

Would not recommend buying before you have seen this. It's not a bad port, but it has it's flaws, dunno how this might change your opinion on buying them tho

Last edited:
Top Bottom