• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Long Has It Been?

How long has it been since you've played a 'new game'. A release buy, you know....

Im trying to remember, I think it was ninja gaiden for me. Lately its been nothing but Amped 2, Garou, and Tech Romancer.

Volt

Riddick, although I had to import it, so I didn't exactly get it on release date..
(loved it btw)

Nos_G

RalliSport Challenge 2 was probably the last game I bought on release day... other than that, I have been slacking.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
riddick and fsw. dont see any games on the horizion that i'll be buying for at least a few months now though

human5892

Queen of Denmark
I haven't bought anything on its actual retail release date in a looooooong time...so long that I can't even remember what game would be the most recent (maybe Super Mario Sunshine?).

The most recent game that I've bought and played, though not on its actual release date, is either Metal Gear Solid: TTS or Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (I can't remember which came out first). Other than that it's been a lot of F-Zero GX and various older GBA games.

I can't envision the next time I'll be able to buy a game the day it comes out, although I'm sure I'll be playing a lot of the big Fall/Winter releases by the holidays.

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for me (probably the only MGS game I'll get at release...going to hold out for those "special editions" for the others).

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I stopped buying games new in '04. I have hundreds already, half of which have hardly been played and/or completed.

Plus, a modded XBOX and Gamefly makes the pain oh-so easy to deal with...

So now you like it huh...? Mr. UT fo LIFE.

Kudie

Leshita said:
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for me (probably the only MGS game I'll get at release...going to hold out for those "special editions" for the others).

You have a lot of patience man. For a game that is so involved in storyline I cannot wait to play MGS3 to finally find out what unfolds in the next chapter of the series; let alone playing the game for the great gameplay.

As for me, I think the last game I baught and played at launch was Zelda: TWW.

White Man

Onimusha 3. I'd like to check out FSW and Riddick but all my consoles (including GBA) are still back in Pennsylvania :(

I miss them very deeply.

Wait, no, it was Thief 3. Now I miss my consoles even more. It would cost mad cash to get any of my systems shipped to me.

lordmrw

Metal GEar the Twin Snakes for me. I rarely buy games on their release date. In fact, when True Crime came out, it was the first time I did that since Yoshi's Story. Not that i'm cheap, its just that in the past I never had the money to buy the games when they came out.

Top Bottom