• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many people do you have on your Blocked Contacts in your phone?

Hip Hop

I currently have 3 woman on my blocked contacts list😒

How many people do you have on yours and you can share who and why or not

Last edited:

Not enough.

Obviously we have crazies. But people who text daily jokes / running commentary of their lives to their entire phonebook need more than blocking. I'd happily pay extra for mild electric shocks to be sent in reply if I could.

Meicyn

Gold Member
None.

You can set your phone to only buzz for those on your contacts list, essentially functioning as a whitelist of who is allowed to go through. Keeps the phone mostly quiet. If it’s important business, I’ll check the voicemail and add the contact info accordingly.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
None, if there is someone that I don't want to talk to and they end up calling me they usually end up regretting it.

ssringo

Just one; although I could probably unblock at this point since it's been a while.

I was hiring for a part time position and was all set up to hire this older black man. One of the things we have to do prior to hiring is a 10 panel drug test which is less common than the 5 panel and is done by a third party company off site. This is listed as one of the hiring requirements but I also reiterate it during the initial phone screening before I invite them in for a face to face interview. It's amazing how many applicants I get that manage to not read all the job details. Anyway, I'd give them a list of places in the area that can do this test for us and they can go to whichever one they want; usually picking the one closest to their home for convenience.

Not this guy.

Once he looked at the list he got quite pissy about the one at the top of the list (the closest one based on his home address) claiming the location was in a racist city and he ain't going to no racist city. I informed him that I had no clue what he was talking about and never had issues doing drug tests at that location before but that he was free to go to any of the other sites. He wasn't hearing it though and continued to rant so I told him thanks for his time but this is non-negotiable and he could leave the site. I tossed this into the pile of weird encounters I've had during hiring but was glad I dodged hiring him and went about my day.

The next day the guy calls back saying he changed his mind and would go get a drug test but needed the list. I informed him I wouldn't be hiring him so it was unnecessary, thanked him again and hung up. He proceeded to call back a couple more times later that day and the next trying to convince me to hire him. Wasn't happening and I stopped answering his calls. Eventually I blocked him just so I didn't have to hear the phone ringing. No clue how long it took for him to give up.

Not entirely sure why he claimed that particular city was racist though. We're in the southern USA so there's plenty of racist history to go around. Or maybe he had a bad experience there and never got over it. Either way I've dealt with one person crying racism for no reason and would rather avoid doing so again.

nush

I actually had to check, it's one. A former employer who I left. Everyone else gets blocked on a technicality of me not giving them my new number when I get one because there is no mutually beneficial reason for us to stay in contact.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
A bunch of spammers. Real people? One. I usually know someone is an asshole before I get to the point that I'd give them my phone number.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I changed my number after a certain fase.

One person blocked/removed atm.

And some more removed but not blocked

Last edited:

20cent

Banned
One annoying neighbor and few girls/women I used to meet once in a while before getting married...10 years ago.

Some are still trying to text using alternate phone numbers or social media accounts though.

murmulis

None.

You can set your phone to only buzz for those on your contacts list, essentially functioning as a whitelist of who is allowed to go through. Keeps the phone mostly quiet. If it’s important business, I’ll check the voicemail and add the contact info accordingly.
The problem with this approach is that delivery guys will not be able to call me.

Rockondevil

No real people but probably over 100 scammers.
I have it set so that any number I don't have saved goes to voicemail. If they don't leave a message they get blocked.

Meicyn

Gold Member
The problem with this approach is that delivery guys will not be able to call me.
You can just switch the setting off if you’re expecting a delivery, then back on afterwards. Have to do it now and then for the reason you mentioned.

jm89

Tempted to block recruiters who keep spamming. But you never know who will help you in the future finding a job when you need it.

GymWolf

Op stealth-bragging that he had to put in ignore 3 women that were not leaving him alone, nice:lollipop_squinting:

The only blocked numbers i have are from telephones companies trying to sell me shit.

Dark Star

I’ve blocked a ton of spam/scam callers during my job search last year. Most of them would be pretending to be recruiters, trying to sell something or steal my information

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
How do I see on an iPhone?

Edit: found it, 13 but all were random texts that were clearly a random scam.

Last edited:

Fbh

People?
Zero.

Spam bots and telemarketers?
dc cinematic universe GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
People I know. None.

Spam/robo call numbers. Probably 100. Not sure.

The worst spam callers are hospital lotteries. I'm not sure how they do it, but they got a way of going direct to my voice mail leaving a spam message. The number doesn't even show up on my Recent called list, so I cant even block the number.

Paltheos

Tons of spammers and telemarketers (to the point I barely get bad calls anymore - Thanks "Should I Answer" app!).

No humans.

Top Bottom